Comfort

Sorry, I took soooo long to update. This is set a day after Dumbledore's death. Sorry it's short but this is the  last chapter. Enjoy!

Even though the sun shined brightly than ever, things were still gloomy at Hogwarts. Students were being hurried back to their homes, smiles were rarely seen; Hogwarts was not the safe home it used to be.

Harry and Ginny lay cuddled up in Harry's domitary bed. Harry had his head on Ginny's chest as she softly stroked his hair.

"Nothing's ever going to be the same, is it?" Harry whispered.

"Change is a part of life, Harry." Said Ginny.

"Why does it always happen to me? Why does everyone I care about have to. . . leave me?" Said Harry.

Ginny cupped his cheeks and lifted his head to look at her. "I love you, Harry. And I'll always be there for you." She placed a kiss on his forehead.

Harry crashed his lips with hers. His hands tangled up in her long red hair as she pulled him closer. Usually, their kisses are hot and passionate, but this this one was just soft and sweet.

Ginny was the only one who could make him forget about his worries and responsibilities. But Harry knew this wouldn't last long, not with Voldemort trying to kill him and all the people he loved and cared for.

Harry slowly broke the kiss and looked her in the eyes. Ginny could see love but also hurt and pain in his emerald orbs; she knew exactly what he was about to say.

"Ginny, I–" Before he could finish, Ginny pressed her lips to his again.

She pulled back enough to say, "Please Harry, not now. Please just– just not now. We both need eachother right now."

Harry smiled, weakly and placed a kiss on her forehead before leaning his own against it.

"I love you." He said, softly.

"I love you too." Said Ginny.

Harry buried his head back on her chest. His eyes felt heavy and he slowly drifted off as Ginny whispered sweet nothings into his ear. Ginny could feel that he had fallen asleep. She took his hand and intwined his fingers with hers. She lifted it up, kissing the back of it.

"Harry–" Ginny looked up to see Ron standing there. He looked at Harry then at Ginny.

Ginny thought he would say something about their position being somewhat inappropriate but instead he said something that shocked her.

"I'll bring dinner for both of you." He said, softly and left.

Ginny smiled to herself and placed a kiss on Harry's head. Soon she herself started drifting off.

. . .