Chapter 19

"Dad!", I scream. "I...I've been with Fran!"

"I've called all your friends already, don't lie to me!"

"But- wait, you've called all my friends?! Why can't you just...argh!", I shout while running up to my room and locking the door. 

"Violetta! Open the door!"

"I won't!"

"You'll have to come out somewhen!"

"I don't think so!"

"We'll see"

He goes off and I take my diary.

Dear diary,
my father is being overprotective again. I know I should have told him the truth...but I was with Leon and he just wouldn't understand it. He doesn't like Leon anymore and I got home pretty late...I don't want to argue with him...

I close my diary and go downstairs where I see my dad sitting on the couch with his laptop. As he sees me, he closes it.

"I think...I think we have to talk", I say.

"I think so too"

"Dad...I really don't want to argue...but I also don't want to lie to you...it's just that...please promise me you won't get angry first"

"It depends on what it is..."

"Promise it, please"

"Okay...I promise"

"I've been with Leon..."

My dad opens his mouth but doesn't say anything.

"I and Leon have been arguing a lot and we just...I don't know how to say it..."

"Are you together again?!"

"What?! NO!"

"Okay..."

"We're friends. Yeah, we're just friends"

"You know, you're too young for boys, don't you?"

"Dad, I'm not a kid anymore!"

"You're always gonna be my little kid."

"No, dad, please!"

My dad tickles me and I scream so that he stops but he doesn't until Romallo comes in. He's definitely my live saver!

"Thank you, Romallo!", I run over to Romallo, hug him and then quickly go up to my room. 

I'm glad I could finally talk normally to dad and that I and Leon are actually friends.

I take my laptop and look for Habla si puedes, the version I and Leon recorded.

I listen to it and think that things between Leon and me could possibly work.