Almost There

Jake's POV

Me and Izzy have been a couple for a week now. We're going to celebrate our one week anniversary by having Cubby make us a fancy dinner as our first date. Currently, we are at the hospital because Izzy's getting her cast taken off her leg. She's currently getting her x ray done on her leg.

"Jake, do you think her leg has healed more?" Cubby asked me.

"I'm sure it has." I exclaimed as the doctor came towards us.

I started to get worried like has her leg gone worse? Is it bad news?

"You can go and see Izzy in my office." The doctor exclaimed.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"No, she wants you guys with her while she gets her cast taken off her leg." The doctor exclaimed as I sighed in relief.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I exclaimed as I got up.

"Me neither." Cubby and Skully agreed with me.

We started to follow the doctor to the office to join Izzy.

"Hey Izz, how did your x ray go?" I asked her.

She was about to answer me but the doctor answered instead.

"Her x ray went great. I can see more improvements in her leg than last time when she had her x ray, when she left the hospital. Your leg is almost healed. We will take your cast off now." The doctor exclaimed as I hugged her tight.

"I'm so proud of you!" I exclaimed as I kept hugging her.

"I'm proud of me too." Izzy exclaimed as she hugged me back.

"Okay let's take your cast off now." The doctor exclaimed as he brought over the equipment that will take her cast off.

"Will it hurt?" Izzy asked him while she lied down on the bed.

"Just remember Izz, it's just like when he took the cast off your arm. It won't hurt." I exclaimed as I held her hand.

"Jake's right. It won't hurt. It won't even touch your skin." The doctor exclaimed as he put goggles on.

"Okay." Izzy exclaimed.

The doctor began to cut her cast off. Her cast was cut off as we could see her scar from her surgery on her leg.

"Izzy, I can  see your scar." Cubby exclaimed.

Izzy sat up and put one knee up. She started to look  at her scar on her leg.

"It looks ugly." She exclaimed.

"Izz, that scar means that you were really brave and it's not ugly at all." I exclaimed as I put my hands on her shoulders and kissed her on the forehead.

"Thanks Jake. Thanks guys for being by my side this entire time." Izzy exclaimed as we gave her a hug.

"Aww your welcome Izz." I exclaimed as I ruffled her hair.

"Izz, I want you to keep your cast as a memory." I exclaimed as I had hold of her cast that used to be on her leg.

"Why?" She asked me.

"Just read what's on the bottom of the cast." I exclaimed as I passed her old cast to her.

She read what was on the bottom of her old cast.

"Aww Jake, I feel the same way. We'll always be I+J. It's so beautiful. When did you do that?" She asked me.

"When you were sleeping after your surgery." I exclaimed.