I'll Guard You (A Rise of the Guardians fanfic)

Author Note! Must read! (if you skip this authors note/chapter thing, you wont understand the beginning of the book and you will miss the intro that follows this note. without the intro, you will literally be lost completely.)

Ok, so I just wanted to say that this is following the movie.. as in a couple months later. I also won't be explaining much of thee movie events that were sper important because it would take way too long. In other words, watch the movie first and then read this. ALSO, the first chapter or three, maybe even four, chapters will contain A TON of needed information. When I say a ton, I mean A TON. SO, if you dont pay atenttion, it will be very confusing.

(NOTE: I know there were spelling errors and whatnot in the authors note, but that won't happen in the actual writing. I will try to catch all my spelling/grammar errors)

THATS IT FOR THE NOTE. Thanks for reading!

Intro/Prologue

I was walking home from my work in downtown Seattle while heavy snow was falling from the sky. I work at Starbucks and I live in an apartment above the shops. I absolutely love every aspect of my job and life. I mean I know I'm only 17, but I definitely plan on doing this for the rest of my life. I may have dropped out of school and moved away from my family, but that doesn't make me a bad person. I'm doing what I love so that's all that matters.

I'm not sure people would usually love a job at Starbucks. I guess the cranky morning people demanding their coffees is a big turnoff, but I love it. I like to take the sharpie we use to write their names on the cups and leave little hopeful messages. I say things like "You're beautiful!" and "Today will be great." The looks on their faces when they see the messages is just great. 

I also love where I live. The apartment looked pretty rundown when I bought it, but I fixed it up. Now it's a beautiful, relaxing place. It also has a grat view of the city. At night the lights of the city glow, and in the morning the sunrises gleam off the glass of distant buildings. It's absolutely breathtaking.

Anyway, I was walking home from work. I was about a block away when I noticed a homeless man sitting in an alley. I stopped and offered him my hot chocolate I was carrying from home. It was snowing after all. He looked so cold, I wasn't sure what to do. I thought it over for a minute, and finally reached my conclusion.

"You know it's really cold out here, and you look freezing. I don't know how anyone could plan to stay out here all night. I mean it's only about 10 o'clock!" I said to him. He shrugged and took a sip of the hot drink.

"Ma'am, I've been doing this all my life. Born and raised on the streets of Seattle. Cold nights aren't that bad." he replied, shivering.

"I feel terrible leaving youo here in the cold. What is your name?" I asked. If my idea is going to work, we can't be strangers.

"My name is Kyle. What is yours?"

My name is Analee Rose, but most people just call me Rose. Hey uh, I know we don't really know each other, but it's way too cold for someone to be sitting out here in the snow. You could come to my apartment for the night. I have a guest room and my ex's clothes that you could borrow. It won't be nearly as cold in there." I offered. He looked at me suspiciously, but then agreed. He got up from the ground and followed me the block to my apartment.

Later that night, I found myself awake and unable to sleep. I glanced at the clock. It read 12:37. I groaned and up from my warm bed. Thoughts about what Kyle might be doing ran through my mind. What if he steals something? What if he kidnaps me?  No. That's silly. I just showed him great kindness, it's not like I expect much in return, but at the very least he shouldn't steal, right? I walked over to my balcony doors and stepped out into the bright moonlight.

I had been standing there, looking at the city, the sky, the moon - which happened to be a full moon. I guess I lost track of my time. I heard some quiet footsteps behind me and I turned to see Kyle carrying a small bag in one hand and a knie in the other. The bag was somewhat clear and I could see that it held my small amount of expensive jewelry. I glanced at the knife and back at Kyle's sorry face.

"K-Kyle. What are you doing?" I asked, scared. 

"You don't know what it's like out there. On the streets. This gold and silver will help me. I-I can't let you live. You'll tell the police what I look like and they'll catch me. I'm sorry, but I have to do this."

"No. You don't have to do this. You can just take it, I won't tell the police. I promise. Please Kyle." 

"They all say that. They say they won't tell police, but it's a lie. I need this money and with you gone, I can start a life that will save me." He said. I saw the sorry look on his face, and I felt bad that he thought he had to go this low to get money.

"The security camera's will catch you. You won't get away with this." I warned him. I looked around for an exit, but found nothing. The only way out was to go back through the doors. That's my only shot. I can't jump, it's too far. I can't just stay here. That would be dumb. 

"I checked when I walked in, there are no security cameras in this building."

There was a silence and I realized that this is happening. It's now or never. I shot trough the air and attempted to go around Kyle, but he shoved me back with his right forearm and I fell down. My head hit the ground and I suddenly felt dizzy. He walked towards me, setting the bag down and putting the knife in his right hand. I wa too disoriented to do anything but sit there and weakly lift my hands to block him. That's when it happened. 

I felt a sharp paing in my side and everything got even more blurry, but things started to go in and out of focus. The pain spread and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I watched as Kyle grabbed the knife back and walk to the bag. He started to walk away, but he turned and whispered "I'm so sorry Rose." I glanced at his face and could see the gleam of tears running down his face.

"I-I forgive you..." I whispered as I looked back up at the sky. People could have said I was crazy for forgiving him, but in my opinion there's no point in him living with this burden when I'm going to die anyway.

The last thing I saw before I slipped into darkness was the bright full moon shining brightly among the faint stars.