Chapter 12: A Thirst for the Forgotten

**Rose's POV**

"Rose, he's not coming back. He will never come back. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can get over him." said Bunny harshly, standing back with the others. We've been here for only a couple minutes and he's already coming at me with ideas of just forgetting Jack.

"Listen here, Bunny. Jack has left mere minutes ago. I am allowed to miss him. He was practically my other half. Don't come telling me things right now about how I should get over him. He just left! I thought I was right to side with you, but I was very wrong." I told him off. He looked taken back, but regained his composure quickly, no doubt ready for yet another argument.

"I'm just stating the facts Rose. It's true. Once you get over him, the faster we are to a quick recovery." he said with almost no emotion. Of course, being a natural reader of people, I understood exactly what he was trying to do.

"You miss him too! You want him back just as much as I do! Don't go around acting like the big tough guy here. You're not. You just not just a friend, no, a best friend. I know you're just as hurt as me. Stop telling me to get over it when it will probably take just as long for you to heal as it will me!" I shouted. It was as if I instantly broke down those walls that Bunnymund had put up to shield his emotions and he broke.

"I have to go." he replied. His voice may have been particularly emotionless at the moment  but his face was anything but as a tear trickled down. He took his foot, hit the ground twice, and jumped into his tunnel. No doubt running away from his problems.

There was silence for a couple seconds after Bunny left. Well, it wasn't complete silence. There was an eerie wind blowing through the window where Jack had just left. 

"Rose, everything will be-" Tooth tried to comfort me. She put her hand on my shoulder but I brushed it off. 

"Don't. Don't touch me. Just leave me alone." I replied, refusing to look at them. I walked into Jack's room and sat down on the bed. The room was quite scary knowing that the fun caring boy that used to live here was now gone and would never be back. I didn't sleep. Instead I just sat there and let the memories of the night run through me. 

Jack's face when I told him to leave. He only stayed because he felt he had me, one friend. One person who understood. Who was willing to listen. I destroyed him with two words. Two words. The look on his face.. it broke my heart. 

Bunnymund's face when I got him to realize that he missed his best friend more than he was letting out. His face was full of sadness and regret. 

This time is different than last time. Last time Jack didn't choose to go. He was taken and turned evil against his will. This time Jack chose to leave. Given he may not be an enemy, but he always has that choice. He's got the choice to turn against us and join The Master and Pitch. If I were in Jack's position, I know exactly where I'd go. And that little fact scares me. Because I know he won't choose the one I want him to.

**Pitch's POV**

"You'll join me, us? You'll come with me?" I asked to make sure. A proud smirk was firmly planted on my face as his smaller figure peered up at me in fear.

"Y-Yes. I will." he stated, seemingly trying to convince himself that it was final. I placed my hand on his shoulder as he watched my every move. Then we sunk into the shadows, leaving for the lair.

**Jack's POV**

 I opened my eyes and found myself in a whole new place. It seems faintly familiar, but still all new to me at the same time. 

"This is.. you guys' lair?" I asked. I am currently in that phase where I know this is completely wrong, but I really don't care. If the other Guardians are going to toss me out like trash then I'll do everything in my power to prove to them that the choice they made was wrong.