Chapter 6: Lying, Flying, and the Truth About Analee Rose (part 2)

Previously....

"So, Rose let me fill you in on what's going to happen today. You will discover many things about yourself, and then either you or Jack will join me, or I will kill you. Understand." he said. I tried as hard as I could, but my fear pretty much spilled out of my mouth.

"Wh-Why?" I asked scared. Jack cried out in pain, my fear obviously hurting him.

"Gee Rose, you're hurting him." said Iris. "He deserves someone who won't hurt him all the time."

"Okay, sit Rose and I will explain, of course, with the help of Jack." said Pitch.

**Rose's POV**

I stayed where I was, not wanting to move.

"I said sit!" Pitch shouted. I jumped back in fear and sat. He lifted his hand and black smoke emanated from it.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. He smiled evilly.

"I'm just doing the work of the master. He commanded, so I will do as he wishes." he said.

"Just put Jack down, this can be forgiven. We can just forget this happened." I tried to plead. 

"Rose, darling, that's not going to happen. I'll tell you what will happen. You will come with me, and I will let Jack live." he replied, his voice dead serious. I can't let him kill Jack.

"I- OK. I'll go with you." I agreed. 

"Rose, no! You don't know what will happen to you! You don't know the consequences. Let me go instead. Please, Pitch. I'll do anything." Jack shouted, fear evident in his eyes.

"You mean she is unaware of what killing her will do?" asked Pitch, surprised. Jack glared at him in reply, obviously answering his question.

"Jack, what's he talking about?" I asked. What does he mean by consequences? What's going on?

"Oh Jack, be a dear. Tell her what she so badly desires to know." Pitch commanded. Jack turned to me, his face looking sorry. It was as if his words would soon make me hate him.

"Rose, listen. We've been keeping a lot of things from you. I need you to listen. If you go with Pitch, he will kill you. That's his plan. Every ounce of love in the world will disappear. You can't go with him." he said. My mind was blown and I became very angry. I know Jack felt it because his face grew even more sorry.

"I think you're forgetting something Jack." said Pitch smugly.

"If you die, our emotions will rip apart and I will lose all feeling and pretty much be a walking corpse. You need to stay here, go to the Pole. You need to stay with the Yetis and when the other Guardians return, they'll keep you safe. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." he said sadly.

"I forgive you Jack."  There was a moment of silence where we both just watched each other, as if we would never see each other again.

"Well that was touching, but the three of us really must get going. But first..." said Pitch. He raised a finger to the center of Jack's forehead and mist engulfed him. I screamed and tried to reach him, but Iris kept me back. When the mist cleared, Jack was still alive, but he looked completely different.

Jack's once snow white hair was now black. His dark blue hoodie had also turned black. His pants had turned dark gray and his brown wooden staff was also turned black. His eyes that were once bright ice blue and full of life were now dark gray and dull. 

"Jack!" I screamed, hoping to register something, but his face was emotionless.

"He didn't know the plan Rose. This was the plan all along. Bye Rose. We'll be back for you later." siad Pitch evilly  Iris opened a colorful portal and they hopped through, with me still blocked by Iris's powers. I wasn't able to move until the portal had been fully closed.