十五

I can do this all night
Back it up, back it up
...
Before I change my mind
It's your birthday, make a wish

- Make A Wish (English version) by NCT U

"Happy birthday!"

Taeyong groaned as several people launched at him at the same time, suffocating him in tight hugs.

He had just gotten out of his office for the first time that day, not expecting this to be waiting for him in the living room.

To be honest, he had forgotten that today was his birthday and was planning on spending it getting ahead on his work.

"Happy birthday hyung!" Jaemin shouted happily as he handed a small box to Taeyong.

The leader opened it to reveal a beautifully designed dagger with his initials carved into the handle in gold letters.

"Wow." He breathed out as he flipped the dagger over in his palm.

"Do you like it? Renjun, Jeno and I made it together." He said as his boyfriends came up behind him.

"It's beautiful. Thank you you three." He said with a bright smile.

The three returned the expression before leaving to leave Taeyong with Jaehyun, who was waiting to talk to his boyfriend.

"Hey Jae." Taeyong said as he wrapped his arms around the younger's neck and pulled him into a kiss.

Jaehyun smiled into the kiss and pulled the older leader deeper, making Taeyong giggle softly.

"Hi hello others exist." Kun said as he and Taeil pulled away the two who were glued at the lips.

Taeyong rolled his eyes playfully. "Isn't it supposed to be my birthday today?"

"Only for one day sir." Ten said from where he was sitting on the couch.

"And?" Taeyong said sarcastically.

Ten scoffed and got up, walking towards the leader. "And if you do your nasty stuff here, we'll still have to remember it tomorrow even though it's not your birthday anymore."

Taeyong sighed. "Fine, but don't act like you and Johnny don't make out on that couch all the time." He said as he gestured to where Johnny was sitting, listening to their conversation.

"Then you and Jaehyun get some soundproof walls please." Ten responded. "You know, for your rough housing that you do all the time." He said with a wave of his fingers.

Everyone else in Neo Tech just watched as Ten and Taeyong went at each other.

It was always fun to watch, and at that moment they all had snacks for Taeyong's birthday party to make the sight even more interesting.

Ten was always very savage in small arguments while making sure not to genuinely hurt the other person's feelings, and Taeyong could also be very petty when he wanted to.

The battles could get a little concerning at points but the two were best friends and it was always in good fun.

Even Jaehyun moved to sit next to Doyoung as he grabbed a few chips from the bowl on the table.