Chapter 7: But I wanna be Sam Evans!!

Looking at the arrivals board, Black Widow saw that the flight from Chicago landed three minutes ago! Rushing to the gate, she saw a bunch of business-types disembarking. One of them stood out from the rest.

Although he was wearing the current fashion in suits, on his head sat a 1920s style hat, with a slightly faded ace of Spades sticking up from the black band. He had to be Sam Evans.
Sam Evans was a highly respected member of the Maggia who operated several branches out of Chicago. He had been arranged to fly to New York to participate in Hammerhead’s illicit poker game as well as talk shop within the family. It was said that although Hammerhead had never personally met Sam Evans, he was rumored to be a talented gambler. As the tall  man proceeded towards the exit, Black Widow moved to intercept him. She still wore her skirt-suit from her visit to the Roaring 20s earlier that evening. As she approached him he eyed her curiously.

“Mr. Evans?” Black Widow asked politely.

“yeah.” The man grunted.

“Hi, I’m Sylvia, a close friend of the man you came to visit. Mr. Hammerhead is a close friend of mine.” Black Widow lied.

“I can see why he keeps you a close friend.” Sam said and licked his lips.
Black widow giggled. “Well, I’m sorry to say, as much as we were all looking forward to getting to know you the game's been cancelled tonight.”

Sam looked utterly confused momentarily. He looked at his expensive watch and then began to dig his cell phone out of his jacket pocket.

“Sorry we couldn't tell you sooner, boss. Something came up and Hammerhead can't make it. You were already on your flight.” Black widow lied again.

“better spring for my ticket home so i can make the game!” Sam Evans shouted.

“Why certainly, Mr.Evans. why don't we head to the ticket booth right now. Back to Chicago, eh?” Black Widow complied.

-

As Black Widow led Sam Evans towards the ticket booth Luke Cage began walking towards the exit from the gift shop. Inside he had purchased a hat and a deck of playing cards to make his disguise more complete. In a black and yellow 1920s suit Luke Cage stepped outside. After being greeted by Hammerhead’s hired goons outside, and convincing them he was in fact Sam Evans he was seated in the rear of a plush limousine on its way to the Roaring 20s.

-