Will You Let Me?

*May, 2021*

Spencer: Hey man, can I come by, I wanna talk to you and Coach about something. See if he can swing by.
Jordan: Hey bro, okay sure.....just texted him he will be here in 20 mins.

Spencer: Aiight Bet!

Spencer gets dressed and heads out to the baker house. Once he arrives he heads to the back to talk to Jordan and Billy. Coach Baker says "Hey son is everything alright? Jordan said you wanted to talk?" Spencer nervously says "yea, yea everything is cool I just wanted to ask you guys something." There's a pause in the atmosphere. Jordan says "well spill it man, we're waiting."

Spencer says "okay okay coach, Jordan, for about a while now I've had feelings for Olivia and I wanted to come as a man to you both to ask her if I can ask her to prom?" Coach says "so you and my daughter huh? well I know my babygirl will be in safe hands with you. I thought I saw something between you guys but hey what do I know." Coach laughs and smiles. Jordan says "bro, you have my blessing. I know she will be excited when this moment happens." Spencer daps hands with Jordan and also gives coach a hug.

Once Spencer gets the nod from Jordan and Coach he calls his mom and asks for a favor.

---Beverly Cafe----

Laura says "Hey Spencer what's going on?" Spencer rubs his hands, "Well Mrs. Baker, and mom, I want to do something really special for Olivia. I want to ask her to prom but I want to do it in a special way and I need you guys help."

Grace and Laura look at each other and then turn to Spencer. They say "you and Olivia," Spencer smiles "yes, so can you guys help me?" They both agree and get started on helping Spencer plan his day to get Liv to say yes to prom. They spend hours chatting and helping him.

----A Hangout Request----

Spencer: Hey Liv wyd?

Olivia: Nothing much, just relaxing wbu?

Spencer: Asking you to come hang with me today. Be ready in 15 I'm coming to get you.

Olivia: Oooo Okay, I'll be ready Mr. James

Spencer pulls up to the Baker house and Olivia comes outside and hops into the car. Spence and Olivia exchange glances as if no one else is in the world, just them two. Olivia says "so where are we going?" Spencer says "It's a surprise, here's your first clue." Spencer gives her a letter to open. Olivia opens the letter and reads it aloud.

"Hey beautiful, today we are going a few places, and I have some surprises for you. Right now we are about to go to where we first met on my first day at a new school." Olivia blushes "wait....are we about to do a scavenger hunt?" They both say "something like that" and laugh.

They head to the Beverly High School courtyard and Olivia sees a rose with another note next to it where they talked about Sushi Fridays. "I remember the first day I met you like it was yesterday. You really helped me out by being my partner in Biology class. You always help me out. I love that about you. It's one of my favorite qualities of yours. I'm glad you were the first person I met at Beverly, and I'm glad for the next place we are going. A wise one said give people their flowers while they are still here. Let's head to the next stop. I got a little help with this one, but we shared a pretty nice moment here."

The next stop was the mansion where Asher had his party and they had their connection in the hot tub. Spencer takes Olivia to the back where the hot tub is and she sees a bag with a rose in it. Olivia looks in the bag and she sees a necklace that has a S on it. She holds the necklace, smiles, and then Spencer hands her another letter. "I think this night is when we probably should have made it official, I know what we both felt in that hot tub, but yo brother interrupted. No worries, we grew a bond that I am forever grateful for and friends to something more makes a better story anyway." Olivia hugs Spencer as she is at a lost for words and this is only the beginning of the hunt. Olivia says "I can't imagine where we are going next?" Spencer says "Just know you wore all white this day."

They drive to the banquet center where the Sola Muse dance ceremony happened. Right in front of the doors she sees two more roses and another note. "This evening you looked absolutely amazing, I was glad that I was able to be your dance partner and a friend in need at this ceremony. Dancing with you was amazing, I hope to do it again soon even though you clowned me about being Professor Krump." Olivia bursts out laughing and Spencer just smiles. "I know this night was also hard for the both of us, but I wouldn't take it back. I will always take a bullet for you Liv. You are my home, my go to, I will protect you at all costs because you are that valuable to me. My life includes you." Olivia gets a little teary eyed and Spencer wipes her tears. Olivia says "Spence this is beautiful, you really feel this way?" Spencer says "Of course, like I said to you at the next place we're going to, I'd do it again."

Next is the cafe. Spencer opens the door for Liv and she sees all of the workers holding balloons. They each come up to her and hand her a balloon with the last one having the rose and note attached. "Getting food here with you all summer and seeing you come here when I was at work has always been a plus. So I wanted to add something light to our day. I hope you enjoy your balloons, you make me feel like a weight is lifted every time we hug." Olivia looks up at Spencer and he smirks. Spencer says "so can I have a hug?" Olivia pushes his arm and they hug just as tightly and intense as in the kitchen when he shared the news about his arm to coach.

"2 more stops, this next place helped me solidify the All American title, but it's also a place I felt safe when I saw you in the crowd." They head to the Beverly High football field and at the 50 yard line there's a bouquet of roses and a blue and red t-shirt that says James on it with #11. She she's the note attached to the shirt that says "My first game here I was nervous, new territory, new team, but in the midst of all the new, I saw familiarity, I saw your wave, I saw your smile and I instantly felt better, I was so happy then, and even more after we won the game! This place will forever hold memories of me and you. Let's head to the last stop so you can see why I did all this for you."

They head to the Baker home and go to the backyard. Rose petals are lined up towards the back area and there is another bouquet of flowers waiting for Liv. She looks around and sees candles and a teddy bear with a heart and she sees 4 gift bags and a sign that reads you and me...Prom? Spencer says "I wanted to make this day as special as possible so I got help from my mom, your mom, and I even talked to Jordan and Coach." Olivia is crying tears of joy. Spencer grabs her hands and rubs them and he says "Olivia, will you go to Prom with me?" Olivia in awe, speechless just nods her head. Spencer has one tear falling down and smiles. They hug and he kisses her on the cheek. Each of the gift bags had big notes in them that equated to I. Love. You.

Once Olivia says yes Grace, Laura, Billy, and Jordan comes out and claps and congratulates them. Olivia hugs her mom and Mrs. Grace and they go over to talk about all the details of today. Coach Baker comes over to Spencer and says "you did good son, you put a lot of effort into this. I'm sure you made my babygirl feel like a princess today." Spencer says "that was the goal coach, she's very special to me."

Jordan comes over with his own news. "Hey Spence, looks like I will see you at Prom as well. Kia and I have been hanging out for a while, and we decided to go to Crenshaw's prom together." Spencer smiles and daps him up. "You and Kia, bro we tell each other everything when did this happen?" Jordan says "I don't know man I just started hanging around her after the party, and doing community service with her and next thing you know we were just hanging out regularly. I may even ask her to be my girl soon." Spencer says "well, you have my blessing man, but if you break her heart bro, I will hurt you." Jordan says. "you got my word I wont."

-----Liv's Entry----

Spencer made me feel so beautiful today. All the things you want someone you love to feel for you, I feel like he feels that and more. He is always so observant and I love that about him. I'm happy he asked me to prom. Beverly's prom probably would have been a little awkward because I'd only be hanging with Simone and Jordan. Hard pass. But I am glad I will see my brother with my bestie Kia. That's a nice change. I gotta start planning my outfit. I wanna really wow him ;)