5;

Author's Pov;

"W-what?" Sky felt a lump in her throat, making it hard for her to speak.

He sat back down, "There you go again, Sky. You act like you don't hear what I'm saying. But, I know for a fact you hear me loud and clear."

She looked down...

"Sky, you can't just keep avoiding me. I like you, okay? I like you so much and there's noting you can do to keep me away."

She kept looking down, avoiding eye contact with him.

"I'm asking you to like me back now because you're wounds are still healing. All I'm asking for.. is for you to give me a chance."

She stayed silent for a good while as Kobe sighed, taking the silence for her answer.

"You know what? Just forget-"

"Okay," she looked at him.

"Okay, what?"

"I'll give you a chance."

"Really?" his eyes lit up with excitement.

"Yeah!" she smiled.

He jumped up and jumped around like a little kid as Sky stared at him like he was crazy.

"Did you forget that you're a gang leader or something?" she arched her eyebrows.

"No!" he sat back down quickly.

"Good."

"What about you? Are you forgetting that you're with your future boyfriend right now?" he smirked.

"Not so fast!"

-

As the two reached home, Sky couldn't help but notice the smile plastered on Kobe's face. How isn't his cheeks hurting?

"A-are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm more than okay!" he smiled more.

"You're weird," she rolled her eyes playfully.

As she sat down on the couch, Milo came running to her as she lifted him in her arms and kissed him.

"This bitch!" Kobe whispered under his breath.

Sky noticed and let out a quiet laugh, "Are you jealous of Milo?"

"So what if I am?"

"Kobe, he's just a dog," she looked at him, perplexed.

"So? You kiss him, you hug him, you do those things I wish you could do to you."

His words made her blush hard as she looked down to the floor. 

Next Day

Kobe left for work this morning, Sky asked Derek to look after her, so she wouldn't get kidnaped again.

"Hey, Derek! I made lunch for you, so come eat!" she smiled at him.

He looked at her the looked away as if something was bothering him. 

"What's wrong?"

"Look, ever since Kobe met you, he's been the best version of himself but.."

"But?"

"You know Mark's cousi, Leo, the one that Kobe.. killed?"

She nodded.

"Right. Well, turns out that his family happens to be one of the largest gangs in New Jersey. They heard about what happened to Leo and now.. They're angrier than ever."

"So, you're trying to say Kobe's in danger?"

"He's always in danger. But now, he has you and they'll use you against him so that he'll give up because they know that he like- loves you."

She sat on the couch, trying to process what Derek is saying.

"So, I want to tell him that you don't like him. Tell him to give up, and be the guy that could never be loved by a girl. I just want you-"

"M-make him h-hate me?"

Derek nodded his head slowly, Look, Sky-"

"Don't talk to me!"

-

Kobe got home, carrying dog food and a bouquet of red roses. 

"Hey, I got you roses and some dog food for that lil shawty," he said.

Sky chuckled but stopped, "Kobe, I want to tell you something."

"What is it my Queen want to tell me?" he handed her to bouquet of roses.

Her heart broke after hearing his sentence. And after this, he'll be hurt at what she have to tell him.

She took a deep breath, "I-I think we should stop this..."

"What? No! Wait! What did I do wrong? I'll fix it, tell me."

"N-no.. it's not about that. I-I just can't l-love a person l-like you."

"What do you mean?" he asked, voice cracking a bit.

"I can't l-love a h-horrible person l-like you," she said, trying not to tear up.

There.. she did it. She hurt him.

"I don't believe you!" he yelled at him.

"Believe or not, I said it! I only agreed to this because I pitied you!" 

She lied.

"You're lying! Stop lying! Sky, you took care of me when I was sick!"

"I'm not! I took care of you because I thought you'd let me leave this place!"

She lied again.

"S-so, you did all this.. just to leave?"

"Yes because I can't stand you!"

Another lie.

"T-then get out! out right now!"

....

"Also one favor, get out of my life!"