Fifteen

A/N

I can't believe this is the last chapter! And that people are still reading and invested in my story. 

Hope you enjoy and thank you for reading :) xx

⚓⚓⚓

Six weeks later

I don't know what kind of strings Shoupe pulled, but he somehow managed to overturn the bounty on John B's back and assist in closing the case on Ward Cameron in just two months. After being extremely let down that him being arrested didn't automatically allow John B and Sarah to return instantly, I had made the mistake of Googling the average time that these things took. My heart instantly plummeting as I read the words months and years over and over.

"Yo guys, I finished the banner!" JJ proudly announced as he burst through the front door of the Chateau, brisk winter air following him inside. All of our heads turned in his direction. A moment of silence fell over us before an eruption of laughter as we took in the disastrous welcome home banner JJ had insisted on making by hand. 

We all had our allocated jobs to prepare for today - cleaning, decorations, beer - and were all busy rushing around to make sure it would be perfect.

Standing from my spot on a step-ladder as I hung an unnecessary amount of fairy lights around the room, I shook my head with a laugh as JJ's proud grin faltered, turning to a glare at Pope and Topper who were still laughing at his efforts. "OK, Picasso, why don't you hang it over there." I pointed to the spot on the wall opposite the front door.

Kiara walked through the door moments later, her hands carrying bags and bags of food from the Wreck. 

"That smells so good." Pope let go of the balloon he was pumping up without a second thought as he followed Kie to the kitchen. Attempting to grab something from one of the take-out bags, Kie whacked his hand away. "Ooh are those Nana's meatballs too?"

A smile grew on my face as I stepped down from the ladder, watching as Kiara placed the dish on the counter. "Yup. I bumped into her outside as she was bringing it over." 

"John B's favorite." I nodded proudly at the memory. "She's been so excited to finally make them for him again."

Glancing around the completely over the top decorated room, my heart felt like it was going to burst with love and joy. And I'm pretty sure it actually did when JJ wrapped his arms around me from behind, sneaking a quick kiss on my cheek before he walked towards Pope in the kitchen to help him continue to annoy Kiara.

The sudden vibrating coming from my pocket pulled me from my cheesy love-fueled trance. Pulling my phone from my pocket, I started walking to the front door. "I'm gonna take this outside. There's no way I'll be able to hear whoever it is over the racket those lot are making." I patted Topper on the shoulder as I passed him, nudging my head back to the three Pogues who were still messing around.

Pushing through the door, I glanced down at Shoupe's number flashing on the screen as I skipped down the steps, putting a small amount of distance between me and the house. My finger hovered over the green answer button, but before I had a chance to press it, my head shot up at the movement in front of me.

Air left my lungs all at once. My body felt limp and heavy, unable to move from the shock of seeing him standing there. A crooked smirk grew on his lips as he gave me a moment to process that this was really real.

"W-what are you doing here? You're early." My voice croaked.

John B's smirk grew wide as he stared back at me. I could see the glistening water filling his eyes just like mine were at the sight of him, alive and free. And here. Sarah exited the car, walking to join his side as he replied. "We caught an earlier flight."