Chapter 13- Upcoming Dance

~Marinette's pov~

Alya, Nino, Adrien, and I were talking about random things while everyone waited for the teacher to come. "I still can't believe that The Adrien Agreste got into a fight and won." Alya said still in shock. "Act more surprised why don't ya." Adrien said sarcastically. We laughed. "Sorry but you seem too innocent to do something like that." Alya said. "You're not too surprised, right Mari?" He asked me. "Only a little bit, but not too surprised." I told him. He smiled at what I said. "Yo Adrien! Way to show him who's boss!" Kim yelled. Then everyone started to cheer. Kyle was currently in the library turning in some books, so he didn't know that people were cheering for Adrien.

After a while everyone piped down when we heard footsteps and people talking coming closer to the door. Then Ms. Bustier and Kyle walked in and they headed to their desks. "Good morning class! Before we get started with today's lesson I have some important announcements to make. So as you all might already know that spring break is the week after next week, so and because of that we're having The Spring Dance!" Ms. Bustier announced. Everyone started to cheer and exclaim in joy including myself. "Okay settle down, settle down. Now let's begin with the lesson." She said. We all groaned at the fact that we have to start doing school work.

~Time skip~

I was heading home alone enjoying my surroundings. Kyle was walking slow and a bit far from me. Things have been really awkward between us since the whole him getting exposed incident. When I tried to open the door it was locked, so I grabbed my key and unlocked it. When I went inside I saw a note on the counter. I picked it up and read it.

Hey sweetie,
Sorry that we aren't home at the moment. We had to come and visit your grandpa since he had a baking emergency (you know how particular and exaggerated he is), but don't worry we'll be back around 9:30ish. Hope you don't mind, we love you!
                                                                                                                       - Mom and Dad

I giggled at the note and that's when I heard someone enter. Uh oh, I forgot to go to my room before Kyle came home! "Did I interrupt something?" He asked. "Oh no it's just the note my parents wrote. They had to go somewhere and they won't be back until later, I hope you don't mind." I said. "Why would I mind?" He asked in confusion. "Because you know...things are kinda...well...awkward between us." I said slowly. "About that, I'm so sorry." He said. "It's fine I guess." I replied. "Can I make it up to you? Like perhaps going to the dance with me?" He asked nervously. "I'm sorry Kyle, I don't like you like that. And I still need some time after everything that happened before we're on good terms. Well not that we aren't, but you know, just like how we were before that." I explained. He nodded and said "Oh no, I completely understand." I was relived to hear that.

I went up to my room, got comfortable, and started to do some homework. Just as I finished my phone went 'ding' so I picked it up to check it out, and it was a message from Adrien.

Adrien💚

A: Hey Mari😁.
What are you doing?

M: Oh hey Adrien😊.
I just finished my homework, why?

A: I was just wondering, if you wanted
to go to the park with me?

M: Sure, I would love to😄!

A: Great! I'll pick you up in 10.

M: Okay. I'll go get ready. Cya!

I got up from my chair and headed towards my closet. I put on a crop top shirt with black and white stripes, a pink overall dress, a bandana knotted headband that was also pink, my white converse, and I let my hair down. I grabbed my stuff put it in my purse along with Tikki, and I decided to write a note to Kyle saying that I'll be gone for a while. When I was done writing it I went downstairs and put the note somewhere he could see.

~Adrien pov~

I was so glad Mari agreed to hangout with me at the park. It was the purrfect chance to ask her to the dance! I was planning on going to the park, then get some be ice cream, and then asks her. Hopefully she'll say yes. I arrived at her door and knocked, she soon came out and we greeted each other. "Are you ready to go?" I asked putting my hand out for her to hold it. "Ready." She said smiling and taking my hand. We started to head to the park while talking, joking, and laughing along way.

At the park we had lots of fun. We did things like walk around and play like little kids which made us get some looks. After that Mari agreed to go get some ice cream. We were sitting on a bench eating ice cream and that's when I decided to asks her to the dance. "Hey Mari, I've been meaning to ask you something." I spoke up. "What is it?" She asked. "Would you like to be my date to the dance?" He asked nervous on what her answer would be. "Of course!" She exclaimed. "Really!? That's great!" I exclaimed as well. We kept on talking and eating ice cream, and told me that Kyle asked her too. I immediately started to get jealous but calmed down when she said that she declined. Then we heard people scream and run in fear. "AKUMA!!!" Some citizens yelled. Great.

                     ____________________________________________________________________

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry I haven't posted it sooner, it's just that I've had exams all week. But I hope that your satisfied with what y'all got. Anyways cya in the next chapter, bye guys!