Chapter 10- The Date

~Adrien's pov~

I was walking to Marinette's house a little nervous. As soon as I saw her house I started to get more nervous. When I got in front of her door I took a deep breath and knocked. Then someone opened the door and my heart started to race. It happened to be Marinette's mom. "Hello dear." She said with a sweet smile. "Hello Ms. Cheng." I said. "Please call me Sabine." She said as I stepped inside. "Okay." I replied. Then Marinette's dad walked in and I got even more nervous. "Hello Mr. Dupain." I said. "Just call me Tom, son." He said. "Yes sir er... I mean Tom." I said. Way to go Agreste. He chuckled. "Bring her back by 10:30." He told me. I nodded. "Marinette sweetie! Adrien is here!" I heard Sabine yell. Which meant Marinette was coming, oh no I just got way more nervous. But I had to keep calm.

~Marinette's pov~

"Oh my gosh! I can't do this!" I said panicking. "Of course you can, just stay calm. You'll be fine." Alya said. "You're right." I replied. "Come on let's go." Chloe said. "No just me." I said. "How about just you and me? Chloe and Sabrina stay here." Alya suggested. "Fine." I answered. Then we walked downstairs. I was really nervous but took some deep breaths.

~Adrien's pov~

I heard foot steps coming from the stairs and before I knew it Alya and Marinette were there in front of me. Marinette looked absolutely gorgeous. She had beautiful a pink dress, makeup, hairstyle, shoes, and purse. And for a moment we stared in each others eyes while blushing. "Hey Mari. U-umm these a-are for you." I stuttered handing her a bouquet of roses. "Thank you Adrien. I'll go put these in a vase." She said. I nodded. "We'll go get you your stuff for the picnic." Sabine said leaving with her husband. Then it was just me and Alya. "Hey Adrien we need to have a little talk." She said. "Okay, what is it?" I asked her. "You better be good to Mari. And when I see her again I want her to be excited that your date went well, because if it's other wise you better pray. Got it?" She said. I gulped. "Yes ma'am." I answered. "Good." She said with a smile returning to her face. There was tension in the room but it went away when Marinette came back, and not long after so did her parents with our picnic stuff. "Are you ready to go?" Marinette asked. I nodded. We said our goodbyes, got our stuff, and left.

When we got there we settled in and we noticed that there was no one really there. "Hmm, I wonder why no one is here." I said. "Yeah. Maybe it's because people are going to the carnival." She replied. "Oh yeah I forgot about the carnival." I said. She giggled. Damn she's cute. "Well let's get everything out before the movie starts." She said pulling me out of my thoughts. "Good idea." I responded. We started getting everything out and just as we finished the movie started. "Perfect timing." I said chuckling. And earning a giggle from her.

~Marinette's pov~

I can't believe that I'm so calm right now. Hopefully I don't mess things up like usual. The movie was beginning and we started to open the food. And the scent of lasagna hit my nose and it smelt delicious. I got the drinks and put them in the cups. And we started to dig in. After we finished eating we set the stuff aside and kept watching the movie. I then felt a hand on mine, I turn to see Adrien smiling at me while blushing. I felt my cheeks burn then smiled back and kept on watching.

~Let's go see what's
going on at Mari's house~

"I think Marinette is going to spill something on herself." Alya said. "I think she's going to spill something on Adrien." Chloe said. "I she's going to spill something on some poor strangers." Sabrina said. "Girls please." Sabine said which made the girls nervous of the possibility of her being mad at them for not having faith in her daughter. "She's obviously going to do all three." They broke into a laugh. They weren't there to see how the date went, well a little. The reason was because Sabine offered them pastries as a thank you for helping Marinette. The only thank you they wanted from Marinette was for her to tell them everything about the date.

~Adrien's pov~

The movie finished and we started to pack up everything. I was carrying the picnic basket and Marinette was carrying the blanket. We started to walk back to her home and we were holding hands. "You know what, you remind me a lot like Belle." I spoke out. "Really, and why's that?" She asked. Well you're kind, generous, smart, you help others, and you're absolutely gorgeous." I said blushing. "R-really?" She asked stuttering along the way and blushing. "Really." I reassured her.

After a while we got to her house and I walked in to help her with the stuff. After we put the stuff inside she walked me out. "I had an amazing time tonight." She said. "Me too." I replied. "Well I'll see you Monday." She said. "Yeah, Monday." I said back as I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She giggled. Man I could never get tired of hearing her giggle. Then she came up to me and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight!" She said going inside her house. I touched my cheek she kissed in shock. Okay I need to go home and process this.

                     _____________________________________________________________________

What did you guys think? I hope you guys enjoyed! Sorry for keeping you waiting I was busy earlier. I honestly like this side of Adrien, where he is totally crushing on Mari😂. Anyways cya in the next chapter, bye guys!