1;

Skylar's Pov;
Hi, I'm Sky! 

I've been working at a convenience store for the past 5 years now, ever since my freshman year at high school.

Throughout the years, I learned some pretty clever ways. Like, how to read people just by their appearances and how to persuade them. Like what I did to a drunken man earlier.

As I rested my head on my hand, watching the clock as time goes by, a guy threw a box of bandages along with antibacterial wipes on the counter.

I fixed my eyes on the limping guy, looking down, I noticed that his right leg had a hole in it and it was bleeding nonstop.

Did he get shot?!

..Or something?

"S-sir, are y-you okay...? Y-your leg, w-what happened?" I asked, feeling the rush of anxiety flow through my body.

He looked at me, then turning his head away, practically ignoring my question. I've never met someone this cold. Something about his eyes were... different.

Few moments later, a few armed officers surround outside the store. Scanning the place as if they were looking for someone.

I glanced back at the guy and his face expression changed. He panicked. 

As the officers entered the store, I grabbed him by his shirt collar, carefully pulling him on the counter just to hide behind it.

Officer1;
"Evening, ma'am! have you seen a guy like this enter this store by any chance?"
-He pulled out a picture. It was the same dude that's behind the counter.

(picture)

"N-no, I haven't

"N-no, I haven't. Sorry."

I lied.

They nodded their head slightly before leaving the store. 

"Oh, God, why did I lie to them? I feel like a criminal!" I whined as the adrenaline started to kick in.

??;
"I'm the one who got shot here. Don't be so dramatic."

I glared down at him, "I just saved your life and you're not even gonna thank-"

??;
"I wasn't asking."
-He crawled over the counter, before limping his way out.

-

It's been a few weeks and I've noticed that every time I go out to get rid of the trash, I always feel eyes watching me.

Until one night, a suspicious guy wearing what seems to be a construction worker's uniform, entered the store.

I became nervous, sweat dripping from my forehead and my upper body.