Chapter Sixteen: Get My Brother Back

Edward's Pov

My brother's stupid obsession with the weak girl we were holding in our guest room was only growing. She could escape at any time, it's unsafe. We did not go through all that effort just for her to run away.

Ethan has been dumbly obsessed with her for much too long. Now she was here I was hoping it would be the perfect way to get him to finally pay attention to the job. Unfortunately that's not the case.

It seems I have two options here. I needed my brother back. Either I could kill the girl, which is off the table because he would never forgive me. Or I could return her. Returning her seemed like the most forgivable idea.

"Duke." I commanded the man in a strong tone, I made sure I showed no emotions. Even my gang couldn't see my emotions. It was wrong for them to see my emotions. I wasn't supposed to have any, my father reminded me of that. Even now he's gone I still hear his reminders in my head.

"Yes sir." Duke answers, standing straighter then before. Everyone knows I'm not one to be messed with. While Ethan is the strong one that always has a dumb smile on my face, I am the realist and its me that keeps our men in line.

"You like that girl don't you?" I was honestly curious. I knew he had betrayed her, however I also know we hold power over him. We were cruel but we still cared about how our men felt. Normally.

"Yes sir." The man looked sad and I couldn't blame him. Although I only cared for one person in this world, I couldn't imagine being forced to betray them. On top of that Duke was being kept from his closest friend, all because we needed more inside men.

"Come to my office. Call Jack and Alex in too." I instruct. "Midnight." Duke nods and seems to set to work, while I go to my office and wait.

Midnight

There's a timmid knock at my door which pulls me out of the almost sleep I had. I frown but quickly wipe any signs of exhaustion away.

"Come in." I call out, being sure to project my voice so it floats though the door and to their waiting ears. There's shuffling and the door opens. The three men walk in. I motion wordlessly for them to sit. Instantly they comply and sit in the three seats in front of me.
"I'm sure you are all wondering why I called you here." I state. The three give a stiff and nervous nod. I suppress my smile that wants to escape. I love the fear people had of me. I loved the control they gave me by being afraid. I loved the power. "I want Lola to escape. Go back to her original home. We will no longer be keeping tabs on her and so we will all stay here. Including you Alex." I explain. "We'll make it look like an accident so Ethan doesn't get... Violent."

"I can't do that sir." Alex denies. My cold eyes move to him and our eyes meet. He gulps and I silently tell him to explain. And quickly. "Never mind." Alex mumbles. I nod feeling satisfied and we continue to plan these things out.

Soon my brother would be free of the witch that seemed to curse him. Soon we would be back to normal. Soon I would have my brother back.