Chapter One: When I'm Gone

'I've got my ticket for the long way 'round,' the blunette sang, filling the whole stage and its audience with cheers.
'Two bottle whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leaving tomorrow. What d'you say?'

A long-haired brunette walked up to the stage, harmonising with the blunette. 'When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.'

An orange-haired beauty joined the stage and placed an arm over her friend's shoulders, almost mournfully. 'When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.'

A girl with her signature red bandana wrapped around her head went to join the trio with the same, sad expression. 'I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers
It's got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you.'

'When I'm gone, when I'm gone,' the blunette sang again, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples.
'You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.'

The four girls started to harmonise together, their voices ringing out almost as one, 'You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

'When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone.'

At last, the red curtains began to draw to a close, signifying the near end of their song. The girls linked arms and fought to keep their voices steady, 'When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone...'

The crowd's roar was deafening as the curtains finally closed, and the four girls sighed.

'So, this is our last performance in Unova before we move on to Kalos,' said the blunette.

'Ah, what a shame,' the red-head commented with a wistful expression. 'I quite enjoyed it in Unova. There wasn't as much paparazzi as I first expected, and the people are much more laid-back here. I almost wish we were staying a few more weeks.'

'I know, Misty,' the brunette with the bandanna agreed, as they started to walk offstage. 'Alas, our fans our waiting in Kalos. If anything, the last thing I want is a mob of fans, running us over just to take a few selfies with the 'White Roses.'

'May, for once, I actually agree with you,' said the other brunette as she adjusted her slightly off centre hat. 'Dawn, Misty, don't sound so sad. Plus, I hear Kalos is like, the ultimate city of shopping! We'll pick up a few heels and bags there. I, for one, need a change of scenery.'

They had reached their shiny, black limo and opened the door.

'Leaf, the scenery in Unova isn't that bad,' Dawn commented when the limo started driving them back to their hotel.

'I'm running out of valid excuses, aren't I,' Leaf said dryly, before staring at the ever-changing scenery outside the window.

Night was falling, and the girls needed sleep desperately. After all, they were boarding a plane to Kalos early in the morning, and everyone knew how Dawn's delicate sense of 'jet lag' affected her greatly.

'Pfft, yeah right,' mused Leaf at the thought of her most over-reactive, overly-sensitive friend having 'delicate' senses.

The limo was slowing, and the girls quickly hopped out and ascended into the elevator. Misty jammed the thirtieth floor button with her thumb and the elevator uttered a low grumble, taking them upwards at a turtle's speed.

Suddenly, May's IPhone started to beep, disturbing the quiet atmosphere of the place.

'Don't answer it,' pleaded Dawn. 'It could be one of those creepy fan-stalkers that want to hook up with us.'

However, May looked very excited as she answered the call and said 'hello?'

A rambling conversation followed, well, mostly May's rambling 'yes's' and 'okay's', and by the end, the elevator had stopped and May was grinning from ear-to-ear.

'Why so happy?' questioned Misty as soon as they had stepped into their air-conditioned room, cooling their skin.

'Yeah May. What's with all the smiling?' Dawn urged.

Even Leaf looked curious at why May looked like she was about to burst.

'Well...' May took a shaky breath, looked like she was about to jump ten feet into the air, and composed herself. 'You know that prestigious music academy in Kalos? I think your Mom went there, Dawn, before she became a professional singer.'

Dawn nodded. Out of the four, she had been the one who had heard the most tales about it from her Mom. Apparently, it was the number one school to attend if you were a very talented singer or something of an instrument prodigy.

'Yeah?' Dawn replied. She didn't see what that school had to do with anything.

'Well, I've gotten a call from one of the professors there, I think it was Professor Oak... Whatever. He invited us to join the Academy!'

The reaction was spontaneous.

'What?!'

'Unreal!'

'Are you joking, May?!'

She shook her head, 'There is no way I'd joke about something like this.'

'Wow... Golden Chord Academy,' Dawn whispered, currently in a daze. She couldn't believe that she was going to that same academy her Mom graduated from, the one that honed her skills.

'Well, we'd better get an early night, then,' Leaf grinned, grabbing some green pj's from the closet.

The others nodded assent and changed into their sleep-wear.

'Night, everyone,' Misty smiled, turning the lamp off as the four went to their respective beds and fell into a deep, pleasant sleep for what seemed like for the first time in their lives.

-----------------------------------------------
And I am back with another book, this time a Pokemon fanfic! It will include my shipping opinions (Ikari, Contest, Poke and Oldrival) and some slight one-sided others. Sadly, this is set in a modern AU, which means no actual Pokemon
:( But I might upload a book I've been working on for some time with Pokemon (main shipping Ikari :D) but whateves. Pls enjoy this book, and vote, comment whatever! PEACE!

-xxxSkittlesxxx