Chapter Ten: Fortune

While the groups were driving back to the Academy, Ash and Misty were still exploring the fairground, hunting for new rides and booths.

'Ooh, I wanna try this one!' Misty exclaimed, pointing at a multicoloured roller-coaster that seemed to stretch on and on.

Ash chuckled lightly. When Misty was like this, it was as if she was exploring her inner child, and it made her seem adorable.

'C'mon, Ash! Don't be a slowpoke!' Misty grabbed his hand and they began to rush to the ride.

The teen blushed. Yes, he had realised his feelings for the tomboyish girl a long time ago. Turns out he wasn't as dense as his friends thought he was. Even he could put two and two together, and already was starting to play 'matchmaker' with his friends; Paul with Dawn, Gary with Leaf, Drew with May...

Misty was the odd one out in the group. Not only did she not have any love interests, but none of the boys, including Ash, could pair her up with someone suitable that could tolerate her hot-headed temper.

'Ash, hurry up!'

The raven-head snapped back to reality. They were suddenly at the front of the line, instead of the back where he thought he was still safe.

'Oh, yeah Mist, just remembered I ate twelve hotdogs this morning-'

'Oh no you don't!' Misty grabbed his hand and yanked him into the ride.

Somewhere, in his foggy mind, Ash registered the feeling of a seat-belt fastening around his waist with a click.

'Misty, let's get out before-'

'Too late to turn back now!' Misty interrupted, flinging her hands in the air when the ride started.

Let's just say, the ride ended, miraculously, in no missing limbs, but a very green looking Ash.

'That was fun! Let's go again!'

'No, please,' Ash groaned, leaning against a stall and clutching his stomach.

Misty whirled around, pouting, 'Aww, you're no fun.' Then, she caught sight of an arcade. 'Ooh, look, an arcade! Let's play some games! We've only got an hour left anyway!'

Again, she pushed the raven-haired teen into the arcade.

He sighed. His mind started to ponder the decision of whether or not to confess to the girl his feelings for her...

Ash looked and the red-head who was curiously wandering off, and knew his decision. Anyway, it would happen sooner or later, right?

'Misty-'

'So what game should we play first?' The red-head asked, turning her head this way and that.

'Misty-'

'Hmm, the Formula One looks nice, but maybe Just Dance will be-'

'MISTY!'

The girl turned to him with an annoyed scowl, 'What?'

The boy gulped. It was now or never...

'Do you have some loose change? I feel like some Coke.'

In his head, he mentally punched himself. Coke?! Really?! The dramatic crush confession, which would go down in the rest of his life either becoming an absolute hellhole or an absolute paradise, was supposed to spill out of his mouth! Guess it was at the wrong moment, at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

'Stupid mouth...' Ash thought, mentally kicking himself.

Misty frowned. It seemed like Ash wanted to say something else.