Chapter Seven: Red

A/N: WAIITTT!!! *truck screeching to a halt noises* Before we start, I'm dedicating this chapter to the one and only... *cue drumroll* lovinglyfierce !!! Thank you so much for your supportive comments and the ones that make me laugh! Ok, that sounded cheesy... :P But anyways, ONWARD DEAR READER, INTO OBLIVION!!!

Chapter Seven: Red

'Hey Gary, why so cheerful?' Leaf asked the grinning teen, who looked like he was going to burst.

'Me? Oh, does it show?' His normally nasal voice sounded equivalent to Ash's squeaky, high-pitched one.

'Uh, yeah,' Leaf nodded slowly as the burger she bought from McDonald's stuck in her throat. 'Did something happen? Oh wait, you finally realised you're gay? Ooh, who's the lucky man?'

'Charming, Leaf,' he scowled, before his face brightened up into a wide grin again.

'No really, what happened?' The curiosity was getting the better of her now as she leaned against the door frame of her dorm room. 'It must be important if you came barging into my room like a madman while I was surfing Instagram, wearing this stupid and extremely retarded-looking grin on your face.'

'Okay, okay, I'll spill,' the boy inhaled a deep breath, and all the words came gushing out. 'IwashelpingDawnwiththelyrics
andthenPaulshowedupandgot
jealousandIthinkhefinallyrealisedhistruefeelingsforDawnand-'

'Whoa, slow down,' Leaf chuckled, patting his back. 'Now. Speak.'

'Well...' Gary began slowly, as if to stop spilling out the words. He retold his tale in extreme detail, with a triumphant grin plastered on his arrogant face.

'Wow...' was all that Leaf said once Gary finished telling his tale. 'Never knew you were such a Cupid in disguise.'

'You don't know anything about me, Leafy-dear,' Gary said mockingly, ruffling her hair.

'Whatever,' she rolled her eyes and focused on the piece of paper the teen was holding. 'You done the lyrics? 'Cause I'd like to practice a bit; maybe add some guitar.'

'Sure Green,' Gary said, handing her the paper.

She skimmed through it, 'Wow, this sounds like how I feel like telling you every time you sling your arm around my shoulder,' Leaf said sarcastically, but grinned.

'That was the idea,' Gary grinned back. They found themselves stuck in one of those weird trance-thingy's that would happen every time they glanced at each other. It was like a mini-staring-competition, not that they were aware of it. Poor Gary; as dense as Ash when it came to realising matters of the heart.

'Uh huh, guess we'd better start practicing,' Leaf suggested, turning away.

Gary blinked, 'Yeah, let's do that,' he said awkwardly.

He picked up a stray mic while Leaf strummed on her guitar. The music seemed like something retro and 'old school' but they both knew it would make a great duet.

Their voices melded together perfectly, as if they were both made for each other, and the two kept eye contact. It was as if their gazes faltered, the sky would come crashing down.

'I've got another man, and he ain't nothing like you,' Leaf finished the song with a wide smile.

Gary gaped at her, astonished. Of course, when he first heard her, he knew she would be raw talent. But this- this seemingly flawless voice! The Dark Knights had competition all right.

'That was a good practice session,' Leaf commented, placing her guitar back in its case. 'I bet if we practice like this every day, we'd definitely at least get second place in the concert.'