I'm such an idiot

Sasuke's pov

After I left the school I went directly home still thinking about what Naruko had said to me earlier

" I don't want to wear your stupid protector! I want my own forehead protector! I want to not be a failure at everything. I want to be treated like a real person and not just some screw up monster!"

A screw up monster, huh? That's really how she thinks everyone thinks of her.

Then it hit me. That is how most people see her. They just think she's a monster who can't do anything right. I know that she's not but the fact that they do must really hurt her. Why didn't she tell me?

Stupid Sasuke she tried you never got the hints.

What?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback

A year earlier

"Come on Naruko. You have to cone to the party. It won't be as much fun without you there."

"I think it will be better if I stay home" (translation: they won't want me there)

"Oh come on you should get out and have some fun. Your not gonna get that many chances to have fun. I mean we're graduating next year, and after that it's gonna be mission after mission."

"I don't know. I don't really like crowds." (Traslation: they don't like me and I don't feel like getting called names today.)

"They have ramen."

She hesitated as of she was thinking it over.

"And not just any ramen your favorite. The old guy is catering the party."

Before I even had the opportunity to say anything else she was already by the door with her shoes on.

"What are you waiting for slow poke? Let's go to a party."

Time skip to thirty minutes into the party

"Sasuke I'm gonna head home."

"The party just got started half an hour ago."

"I know I'm not feeling all that well."

"Oh...okay. Do you want me to walk with you back to the house?"

"No I can get there by my self. I am a ninja after all. I just wanted to let you know so when you were ready to leave you wouldn't be worried about where I was."

"Okay Naruko. I'll see you when I get home, okay?"

"Okay."

That's weird she looked fine to me. And she was okay when she left the house. Five minutes she was talking to a few of our classmates and she seemed perfectly healthy. Must have just come out of nowhere.

Time skip (yes again)

I walk up to the front door of the house Naruko and I share. I unlock the door and step in quietly, not knowing if Naruko might have a headache or not. Quietly slipping on my house shoes I walk into the living room to find it empty. I walk to Naruko's room and knock on the door. When no answer comes from the other side of the door I peak in and see Naruko asleep hugging her pillow. Smiling to myself I walk to my room, and turn in for the night.

Flashback over

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baka! Baka! Baka! I should have noticed she was acting strange but I shrugged it off. Now that I think about it I could have sworn I saw tear stains on her face.

Naruko I'm such an idiot.