15 - What's this feeling? This Heart Rushing Emotion...Indigestion?

"And that's basically what happened the whole time we were away

"And that's basically what happened the whole time we were away. We're just letting the whole loan shark thing blow over, so we can wrap this project, and we figure out what to do next."

Andrew's voice became hoarse from discussing the whole story with the team. Allen was no help at all, the lazy ass. Though at one point, he stopped Andrew from showing the photos. His face was red all over.

"I trust everyone will keep this to themselves," Allen spoke after a while.

"Let's keep this between us," said Andrew in agreement. "It's a precarious time for Lopez Co."

The team nodded in understanding, except for the newcomer Luiz. He glanced at the group and leaned forward as if the walls had ears.

"Are you referring to the Ceron loyalists or the senior management?" He asked.

"Both," said Mike. "Those nasty loyalists are biting the hands that fed them. They keep trying to dig up dirt one or another. You've met them already, Luiz. They're old folks that keep glaring from a distance."

Andrew sighed. "Our projects are considered expenses. Senior management who was happy with the old status quo is now unhappy."

Luiz's nodded and narrowed his eyes. "Those pigs."

Everyone burst into laughter from Luiz's comment. This was a side of Luiz that they hadn't seen, hence their surprise at the vulgarity. But Andrew's concern grew because the two gossip mongers were unusually quiet. Allen must've noticed too.

"Sonna and Claire, what are your thoughts on this?" Allen asked.

The two women exchanged glances, then giggled.

"Oh, don't worry, Sir Allen," Claire replied with an unabashed smile. "We're not going to gossip about it. It's just—it's so romantic."

Andrew didn't like where this was going. Or the implications Claire was about to spit out or the obvious meaning of Sonna's heavy stare. She cut-off Claire before anything could be said.

"Thank you, everyone. Now, why don't we celebrate and enjoy the food that's going cold?"

"That's right." Allen stood up and led everyone to the dining table. He passed champagne glasses around and poured everyone a drink. "I would like to congratulate our beloved secretary for six amazing years and the success of our project. To us!"

"Cheers!"

They clinked their glasses and took a sip. But when Andrew was about to gulp down the sweet champagne, Allen held his wrist, effectively stopping him. Andrew clicked his tongue but surrendered his glass.

They took a photo to commemorate the night. Andrew, who sat beside Sonna, noticed something eerie in the picture. Allen was flashing a smile.

"He's so handsome," said Sonna.