Chapter 16 (Pt. 1)

Chapter 16

Nikole-

    When I came out I found Ty lying on his stomach completely immersed in a book. Without a second thought I ran and jumped on top of him. He seen me out of the corner of his eye at the last minute and turned onto his back so instead of strateling his back each of my knees were spread and on either side of his hips.

    Ty's hands curled around my sides keeping me there.  When he knew I would stay he reached up and pulled my face down to his, resulting in my body lying against his with my hands on his bare chest. I could hear my shallow breathing and see so many emotions shining in his eyes.

    Ty's hand found my wrist and positioned my hand so my fingers pressed gently against the middle of his forehead. "Psychics, say this is the middle eye. Meaning, that it radiates the.... magic, I guess. You have to trust me." He whispered.

   "I swear." I promised quietly feeling the "Magic" buzzing around us.

    "Close your eyes, Beautiful." He commanded, I closed my eyes and when I did his hands pressed gently against my temples. Then I saw it. The burst of colors and light, more beautiful the fireworks, or the northern lights. More beautiful then I could ever describe, but then through the fog of colors I found a rope.

   'It's the bond.' Ty's voice was whisper, like the wind. 'It's our bond, what's holding us together.'

    'You can see every one's?' I find myself thinking back to him and am relatively surprised when he answers back.

    'Sometimes. It's complicated.'

    'Reading minds would be-' I was interrupted by a bright flash and found myself drawn to it. I felt myself mentally reach out to touch it. I was sucked into a movie... but the movie was starring Ty. A younger version of Ty, around the age of five years old. He was being dragged down the street by a woman who looked just like him.

    "Mama, where are we going?" little Ty asked, his voice no longer as I know it but higher and softer.

    "You're going to stay here and wait for me." She said to him, tears showing in her eyes. "I love you, Tyson." She sat him down at the sand box and gave him a juice box. He sat and waited, watching the other kids play... he waited for her for days.

    After three days of waiting he went wandering to find food and hopefully- even though I could see in his eyes that he knew that wasn't likely- his mother. I wanted to hold him, but before my eyes the little boy grew into a slightly older one. But still only a child, round face, lanky body- Nothing like he was today. He was mowing grass for people to make money and in the winter he'd break into abandoned houses, and shovel snow for money.

    On one of those cold winter days around the age of 12. He stood staring inside a restaurant at a man and his son eating lunch. The man with dark brown hair and equally dark green eyes saw the boy staring in at them. He got up and walked outside where Tyson stood thinking about bolting- especially when he found out that the man was a shifter. But when he read the man's emotions he didn't 'sound' angry. The leo stepped toward him hesitantly with open arms, as if wanting to embrace him.

    "Where's your parents?" He questioned, Ty quietly.

    Ty shrugged.

    "What's your name?"

    "Tyson."

    "Would you like some Lunch, too?" Ty looked unsure of himself. He hadn't had someone offer to buy him anything since he was younger. "Come on," The leo smirked and jerked his head towards the door. "It's warm inside. I could get you a hot chocolate." Ty nodded and the Leo- my father turned and walked inside Ty right behind him.