Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Electricity

   I snuggled deeper into the warmth I found in my bed. I hadn't been this warm in forever. I sighed and I felt my pillow sigh as well. I froze and when I inhaled I smelled Ty. I bolted up and looked down into his face. He was sleeping and I'd been wrapped around him like a vine. Our legs were still twined together. I thought about waking him up, of pulling away from his body, but I liked the closeness. I hadn't slept with with anyone since I'd left...

    I lowered myself back down and rested my head in the crook of his shoulder. Hesitantly, scared of waking him, I ran my fingers over his arm that had held me to him as we slept.

    As my fingers stroked over his arm, I felt his muscles ripple. I found that I enjoyed the sensation and did it again. He groaned and moved; pulling me to fit closer against him. I would have laughed if it weren't for the position we ended up in. He had tugged me under him and parted my thighs with his settling his hips right between my legs. My breath stuck in my throat as he nuzzled into the curve of my neck. After I relaxed enough to breathe, I grew used to the position and my hands glided up his shoulders and into his hair. He was so different then... what I was used to, but in some ways- in all the good ways- so similar.

    His hair was darker, much darker, and I suddenly found myself wondering what his animal form looked like. I couldn't remember wondering that before... about anyone.

    We laid like that for what seemed like forever. I wasn't complaining. I'd missed the connection you had with someone while they were unconscious. When they weren't worrying about awkwardness, or what other people thought. It was the one time that a person wasn't looking for a threat. The only time I'd ever felt peace.

    But even Forever had to end. I felt Ty sigh and stretch his back, pressing his chest tighter to my body. I felt his eyelashes flutter against my neck and my hands tightened in his hair preparing myself for him to jump away from me. I reeled when he merely buried his face deeper in my hair and inhaled my scent.

    "Good morning," his voice was still muffled with sleep.

    "Morning." I smiled incredibly then he pushed himself up.

    "Am I hurting you?" He asked, holding his weight up off me.

    "No," I wanted to beg him to lie back down, but I knew people would be noticing our absence soon.

    "I guess we fell asleep, huh." He smiled but his eyes looked nervous. I couldn't help it. I stroked my hand down his back again and closed his eyes at the sensation, and then I heard him do something I'd done once. He purred, it was deeper, but still. His eyes wrenched open and he blushed. I laughed, but dropped my hands to my side.

    "I think you promised me fast food." I whispered, not wanting to interrupt this moment.

    "Yeah, I'm starving." He seemed happy for the change of subject. He slid from my bed and stretched again, I couldn't take my eyes from his body. He was so... graceful and sleek. "What?"

    I shook my head, "Nothing,"

    "Okay, I'll meet you downstairs, then." He said, but before he left he turned back to look at me. "I'm sorry, if I made you uncomfortable."

    "You didn't." Then I felt my face heat. "I promise," he simply nodded.

    "I'll see you downstairs- when you're ready."

    "I'll be down soon." I jumped up from the bed as the words slipped out. When Ty left my room and closed the door behind him, I felt my heart ache. I ached for what I had lost, but I also found that ache... pleasant. It reminded me of what I'd had, as well as the new experiences I was going to make. I realized that here I had room to grow, to become who I wanted to be. I'd found my place in the world, much like the ugly duckling, but soon, I knew I wouldn't be an ugly duckling. I'd be a swan, finally.