Chapter 5

So Sorry it's taken forever guys. I've just been really busy. But on the bright side I've got all B's in all my classes! WHOOT! WHOOT! 

So anyway! HERE IT IS THE CHAPTER YOU'VE BEEN BEGGING FOR! make sure you grab some tissues. lol!

Chapter 5: Possible Maybe

Nikole-

Dr. Anne was nice. Young, and understanding. She explained things instead of just talking doctor language. It was uncomfortable when she touched me skin to skin, but not painful. Tony and April stayed close by the whole time. But I never expected anything less. After I was finished with the tests The Doctor sent me to the Waiting room with April. Alaina was out there waiting for me, with her 'guard dog' (Todd) close by. He was a beta but he always seemed to be around her. Ready to take a bullet for her. I could tell she liked it, but I also knew she'd never admit it. And That she was afraid of getting to close to him, mostly because he hadn't been infected by the 'mating virus' and she didn't want to force him into anything, although if you asked me the male was asking for it.

Aliena hadn't seen much of each other, but I understood. She was 4 years older then me. She just turned 17 and was trying to keep up with her training as well as schooling. She wanted to be part of the SSF, like most shifters( including myself). She told me about school and how hard the training was. But she also told me how excited it made her to know she could end up saving shifters that were still stuck in cages like we had been. Freedom meant so much and some of us never thought we'd have it. Many shifters didn't last long enough to see it. To feel it.

Tony-

"Alpha," The Dr. said cautiously, "would you like to sit down?"

"Should I?" I asked nervously.

"I think so." I sat.

"Is she okay?" I felt my heart beating hard against my rib cage.

"Yes, but there are... anomalies. Her blood test shows signs of animal DNA." She told me. "But we can't be sure what DNA it is. It's a very small amount. Barely noticeable, really."

"Alright, and what do you think will happen? Will it lay dormant?"

"Possibly. You said she started her period the night she purred?"

"Yes." I answered.

"Alpha, we also scanned for possible mates. There were only a few and none of them can be absolutely positive of course, because of the chance that her DNA could change at anytime, but I think you should know that- as of right now- there are 3 possible mates for her. A coyote, Rogue Winters, with a 3% chance- Very low when it comes to mating chemistry. A feline mix, Tyson Pillan 25% chance. And the last was a Wolf with a 80% chance... Which is closer to what we usually get when we match up mating chemises..." She looked away from me down at the clipboard in her hands.

"You never told me the last ones name." I said, quietly.

"Alpha..." she looked up and braced herself, I felt my stomach knot up. Was he that bad? "You were the last..." She murmured.

"What?" I asked, knowing I must have misunderstood her.

"You Alpha. You were the one with a 90% match to Nikole." She said loudly clearly- so why had I heard her wrong?

"Who?" I questioned again.

"Alpha,"

"Is this a joke? She's practically a daughter! I've taken care of her for 2 years! Don't you think I would have noticed if she was my mate?"

"Alpha, I'm not joking and no you wouldn't have noticed. It wouldn't have hit like it does a normal male with a normal female because she isn't a normal female. She is just now getting the DNA the scientists had injected her with. She is the only human that has ever been injected with an animal DNA-"