Chapter 9

This has not been edited. Sorry :(

Bella

Tony is: 24

Nikole is: 16

Chapter 9: Life Chances

Nikole

The car parked out side of a cute house. It wasn't nearly as big as Tony's was at base, but it was... homey. I got out behind Tony, since he wouldn't let go of my hand, and we were suddenly bombarded my people. Several females jumping to hug Tony, awkwardly since he kept me drawn against his side. I looked beyond the three girls and saw An older woman with Tony's light blue eyes. Her hair a light blond loose around her shoulders.

She was so beautiful, just like the picture Tony had on the desk in his study when I was little... I remember it so well, because I used to make up stories about the beautiful princess and her prince who were smiling in the picture.The Attack seemed to end and thats when the quiet lightness seemed to surround us, the quietness I only thought was real in movies, but this... it was peaceful. I watched as the princess from the picture walked towards Tony and I with tears in her angelic eyes. When she was standing in front of us Tony finally released me. His arms wrapping securely around the princess. I could only watch the heart warming gesture with a heavy heart.

I had no one but Tony anymore. Everyone else had seemed to move on with their lives. And to be quite honest, I couldn't remember my mother anymore. Not the way she sang, or the softness of her hands when I'd had a fever. I couldn't even remember the color of her eyes. I couldn't understand why Tony would have ran away. Why would he throw away everything I could only reach in my dreams. He had it all. Family, friends, his pack. Why had he given it all up? Why hadn't he ever come back.

While all these questions washed through my head, I realized Tony was pulling me into the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I need to see my dad."

"Maybe I should wait here then." I froze.

"Nik-"

"No, Tony, I don't even know him. I don't want to intrude. This is your moment. You need this with him. I know if I was able to see my mom again I would want a moment to have her just for myself. I won't take this away from you." I whispered, he looked... afraid. I'd never seen him afraid... not of anything. I stepped closer my hand cupping his cheek, "What's wrong?"

"I haven't been here since I was 19." He winced.

"Hey, your dad isn't going to be mad. He's going to be so happy your here. just like your friends and family were. Go. He needs you." I kissed his cheek, but when I tried to pull away Tony caught me against him and held me tight.

"What if he can't forgive me for not coming back?" He asked quietly burying his face into my hair, until I could feel his breath against my neck. My fingers buried in his hair holding him against me, comforting him the only way I knew how.

"Tony... you're here now. You have come back."

I felt his lips brush against me and he slowly pulled back. My heart was pounding. Tony just kissed me! I thought happily. "Go," I urged my voice getting stuck in my throat.

"You'll wait for me?" He asked. I felt my heart lurch.

"I'll always be waiting for you, Tony." I promised. He got this weird look on his face, and I corrected my self quickly, "I mean you've always been there for me... It only seems fair for me to be here for you now, right?" I rushed nervously. He took a few steps back so we weren't touching anymore. I watched as he seemed to fall back into the same indifferent look he'd had before he'd heard of his fathers sickness. I immediate recoiled at the idea of losing him again. But I couldn't do anything, he merely nodded and turned on his heel entering the door to the let at the end of the hallway.