Chapter 3: Comfort (pic of April)

Happy Early Birthday, BlackOpal95! Hope you enjoy. 

Bella

Chapter 3: Comfort

Nikole-

Gosh, I was so warm and... tingly. Like a soft electric current was running through my body.

"Nikole?" I hear a voice to the distance say, "Can you hear me?" I squeezed my eyes shut, then forced them open, blinking repeatedly until my eyes got used to the fluorescent lights. My hand automatically reached for the uncomfortable thing against my face. But my hand was caught. I glared up at the doctor he was still talking, but I ignored him.

"Mmm," I grumbled, jerking my hand away,uncomfortably. I heard a few sighs of relief.

"Nikole, you're in the hospital at our shifter base. You're safe." I heard another voice say. I forced my eyes back open. The angel! He was real!

Everyone laughed and the angel glared at them. They quickly stopped making any noise "Yeah, I'm real." He answered looking back down at me.

Had I said that out loud? Again, I was laughed at. More discretely this time, but still.

The angel who'd saved me pushed my hair back and I looked up nervously. "No, You don't have to be embarrassed. You just have a lot of pain medication in your system right now." He said.

"Where's April? Is she okay?" I asked feeling my throat tighten. "Did I save her?"

"Right here, baby." April said taking my hand. The whole side of April's face was bruised, I felt myself recoil slightly, then knew she wouldn't want me to worry about her so I change the subject.

"How long have I been missing my lessons?" I asked.

April smiled, "You get to go to a real school again." April said sitting on my bed but still looking down at me.

"Do I have to stay here?" I asked.

April looked at the doctor. "I would prefer it, but if you guys promise to keep her in bed I'll let you guys take her to her new home."

Tony-

After getting the list of things she couldn't do, which was miles long, I got to take her to my cabin where she'd be staying. Turns out Tony was prepared for everything I wasn't he'd left his lawyer with the papers for her guardian to be me.

I wheeled her into her new bedroom which April, Aliena and a few other females on base helped create for her while she was in the hospital. She gasped.

"What's wrong? Does something hurt?" I asked worriedly.

"No, Sorry. Nothing is wrong. This is really my bedroom?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah," I answered quietly, and picked her up out of the wheel chair carefully while pulling down the covers and laying her down.

"You comfortable?" I asked tucking her in.

She nodded,"Will you stay? Until I fall asleep? Please."

"Sure," I laid down beside her on the edge of the bed and flipped on the T.V. on the in front of her room, watching the news.

"Who are those people?" she asked, quietly.

"Uh, they're the people who are paid to tell everyone what is going on in the world. Like... what the weather is going to be like tomorrow, stuff like that."

She nodded. "That girl on there is pretty."

"I guess," I laughed quietly while raising my hand to comb my fingers through her hair, "Try to sleep," I whispered.