chapter 1. Dare or die?

OK SO...

This was inspired by other books, and I wanted to talk to said authors but i got scared. go check out no_demon_here for an amazing story. This is the first book I've used 'you' instead of a character name or first person. obviously, I'm trying to learn haha but don't hate on me too much. I have no idea where this is going coz I have issues with coming up with endings or plot ideas so please bear with the idiot here and have a wonderful day/night

tall mama is wow

---------------------------

You sit in a circle with the village misfits. The sun just bearly peaking through the trees that surrounded the entirety of where you live. It was a Friday afternoon soon to be a night with the slight orange tint in the clouds over yonder and seeing as it was a Friday you and the rest of your friend group has a small tradition to do something once the sun rolled over, either it be a game, a bonfire, storytelling or all of it. Tonight was a mix of games and a bonfire.

The rest of the village let you do this because Jacklin said it was to worship mother Maranda haha...lies, but we don't talk about that.

You watch as your group starts pulling out bottles of stolen booze and whatnots. Noah, Audrey, Diena, Silas and Peter all look at one another, the laughter died and everything seemed more serious, more chilling. 

Silas spoke up after taking a swig of the homemade probably crap boo bottle.

"I think its fit, that tonight, we play Dare or Die"

"That game is so ooollldd~ and it's childish now, Silas" Diena slapped the back of his head creating a nice SMACK sound everyone giggled at.

"Ow, nothing is ever childish! Anyway, this what brought us together " Silas seemed like he is about to jump off the log "Pleeeaassee" so basically Dare or Die is like truth or dare but if you don't do the dare given or you choose die, then the group will make you chug a fuck ton of booze then make sure when you wake up you wish your dead or some type of psycho prank. Nobody ever wants to die because of what happened to Chis, we don't talk about him his sacrifice was an honour (you giggled at your own thought of Chris) Diena, rolled her eyes but didn't protest the game suggestion.

Silas' smile couldn't get ant bigger"Ok, I'll start, Noah, dare or die" the game progressively started to get more dangerous it included Silas chasing an oddly shaped deer thing that looked like it was wearing clothing, peter taking a running start into the fire and Audrey going full speed over the frozen lake, the ice cracked, she fell, she's alive.

"It's your turn Y/N!, dare or die" Audrey was too happy for someone who looks like a dead body in a freezer. 

Sarcasm just rolled off your tongue naturally it was a habit so non of your friends took it to heart when you gave a snarky remark "as if 'Die' is an option, dare"

"I dare you to spend the rest of the night in the haunted castle" Audrey jumped, already smiling from the idea itself and how funny or pleasing it would bet her.

"Wait what, no, next please"

Audrey looks so sweet but inside when you get to know her she is a beast in human flesh, it amazes you how someone who looks so innocent comes up with the most sadistic shit              "Ah ah ahh, no backsies or we'll have to come up with a punishment a thousand times worse than a night in the castle" 

"It's better to go with the Castle, Y/N. Audrey comes up with super weird shit" The whole group nodding, trying to hold back a laugh knowing the rumours of the 'haunted' castle.

The walk was long very long, maybe an hour or three but either way, Audrey stayed at the fire with Diena while the boys walked with you. You jumped when a bird or was it bats? flew out of trees or squeaked at the rustling and snapping of twigs. Obviously, the boys brought a camera for "proof". At this point the moon was high and giving some light to your direction, this entire walk was full of anxious thoughts and telling yourself that nobody lived there for years and everything is just myths. 

You stood in front of the castle, it looked down on you just like a disappointed parent but worse, like death hands clasping around the area it sat. You thought maybe on your way there you could either talk the boys into letting you camp outside or wish super hard and maybe with enough brainpower something could happen to stop and go back, none of that happened. 

"We ain't movin' till you go up in there girly" Noah laughed, as he handed you the small camera you think to yourself how In this moment it's hard to remember how nice and caring these boys can be. But this game, it's evil, it changes you.

You look back at them as you took slow steady steps, they had cheeky smiles as they nodded their head. Holding a thumbs up, you clasped the handle of the door, ready to pull it open.

"It's locked" you shugged and turned around, each of them all had crossed arms and a blank face. They knew you more than enough and when your face takes a strong resemblance to a baby eating a lemon, it twas a sad and embarrassing day when they pointed that out. You turn around with such drama it hurt your neck. 

Again putting your hand on the door handle, this time feeling the cold of the metal biting your skin, you inhale only to suck your teeth when it creaked open with little effort. The sound was lip-bit worthy, nothing can compare to squicky doors.

The entrance was far from abandoned and regret filled your chest. You watched as the flames of lit candles flickered from the small gusts from winds. Looking behind you you shook your head begging for help silently, Peter stood from his previously crouched position and pointed at the door. It was like sending a child to the naughty corner (in this case which naughty is it) you took two shuffling steps into the cold castle and watched as the door slowly closed, cringing at how loudly the screech echoed around the large room.

Everything was uncomfortably quiet with the occasional crack in furniture or wall. Little noises like that covered up the underlying sense that someone was watching your every move, your every breath. 

---------

(word count 1026) 

thank you for reading and hopefully lady Dumitrescu will appear next chapter. love you heaps.