Nineteen

"Happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you." I sang quietly as I walked into Hazel's room two weeks later. I smiled when I saw her standing up in her crib with her pacifier in her mouth. "Happy birthday to Hazel, happy birthday to you."

She giggled and held her arms out for me. "Mama." she mumbled through her pacifier.

"You're officially one!" I said enthusiastically as I lifted her up and kissed her face a million times. "Oh my baby's growing up."

She laid her head on my chest as I carried her out of her room and downstairs. As we got to the kitchen I saw Michael, Miley, Jackson, Connor, my mom, and Olivia all standing there in front of a bunch of decorations and a sign that read 'Happy Birthday Hazel Bazel'.

"Happy birthday Hazel!" they all cheered and blew the noise makers. Hazel smiled but covered her ears at the loud noise. I smiled and rubbed her tummy then kissed her head.

She started clapping making everyone laugh and smile. Connor came over and tossed her in the air before giving her a bunch of kisses.

"Happy Birthday sweetheart." he told her. She giggled and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Now let's party and eat cake!" 

"Michael, shut up."

- - -

Hazel was having the time of her life

Hazel was having the time of her life. We invited some of our family friends over and most of them have kids so they were running around with her. We're gonna open her presents after everyone leaves but right now we're doing cake.

"Hazel! It's time for cake!" I called to her.

"Cake!" she came running towards me and jumped up into my arms. I smiled and kissed her head.

We walked over to Connor and stood behind the table with the cake on it. Everyone started singing to her and she shyly hid her face in my neck.

"Blow out your candles." I told her. She leaned down and tried to blow out her candles but she didn't really know how so Connor discreetly did it from over her shoulder.

"Yay!" we all cheered.

Hazel giggled and clapped her hands together. We cut the cake and of course she got the first piece. I sat on a chair with her on my lap and she did not hesitate to dig in. She just took handfuls and shoved it in her mouth. Yep, definitely gonna have to give her a bath later.

She turned around and held out a piece of cake to me I opened my mouth and took a bite making her laugh loudly which was music to my ear. Connor kissed my head and wrapped an arm around the back of my chair.

I looked around at all of our family and friends and couldn't help but smile. I'm gonna treasure these moments for as long as I can.

- - -

"Hazel!" I scolded my daughter as she splashed the bubbles in the bathtub. She laughed and went back to playing with some bath toys. 

I was sitting beside the bathtub just letting her play for a bit before I cleaned her up. I'm currently scrolling through my phone just to pass some time when Connor walked in. 

"Dada!" Hazel squealed and splashed the water again. Connor took of his shirt before kneeling down beside the tub.

"What are you doing?" he asked me as he grabbed a toy shark and started playing with the bath toys with Hazel.

"Texting Miley." I replied. "Apparently her and Michael are moving into a bigger house."

"What's wrong with the one they have now?"

"Well the house itself isn't very big." I told him. "The backyard is but there's only two rooms and a bath and not much room for a kid to grow up. Plus, I'm sure they're gonna end up having more kids in the future so they just want to move now so they don't have to worry about that after the baby comes."

"That's cool." he nodded. I grabbed a towel and set it on the toilet before helping Hazel finish up her bath. I helped her out of the tub and wrapped her up in the towel like a little burrito.

Connor laughed when I scooped her up bridal style and walked out of the bathroom. We went into my room and I put her in a diaper and onesie. I laid her down in her crib and gave her a pacifier.

"Good night baby." I leaned down and kissed her head.

"Ni mama." she mumbled.

"Good night princess." Connor tickled her tummy making her giggle before giving her a kiss.

"Ni dada." she smiled through her pacifier and cuddled up to her stuffed animal and blankets.

Connor and I left the room and went down the hall to mine. I let out a huff and took my shirt off. I heard Connor smirk from behind me as I took my shorts off.

"Nope. Not tonight." I smirked right back.

"Whyyyy?" he whined.

"Because we are under my mom's roof and our daughter is down the hall." I told him.

"Fine." he flopped down onto my bed after stripping to his boxers. I climbed in next to him and he immediately wrapped his arms around me. "I love you." he kissed the crown of my head.

"I love you more." I smiled and pecked his lips.

"Not possible." he smirked.

"Yes it is."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"Nope."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"Told you!"

"Dammit Sav!"

- - -