Chapter 15 - Unexpected Encounter

I opened the door of Mom's car and it made a 'click' sound. Before sitting inside, I looked back and waved at all my friends. Jess, Maria, Austin and Cal waved back with a smile on their face. I slipped into Mom's car and sat beside Mom.

"So . . . how was your day, Ally ?" Mom asked.

"It was good."

"Who are those two boys ?" She asked while staring out of her window.

"Oh they're my friends." I said while trying to search for my phone in my bag.

"Are you sure ?" She turned her head and looked at me.

"Yes Mom I'm sure. Geez !" I said in irritation. This was not her first time to ask this question. The last time she thought I was dating Joe because she saw us hang out a lot. Can't I just be friends with boys ?

"Haha then that's ok." She laughed and placed her hand on the steering wheel.

Mom started the engine and drove, leaving the school behind.

_____________________________________

Maria's POV :

Ally turned and waved at all of us and we all waved back in response. Her mom's car drove out of our sight. I turned and caught Austin staring at the spot where Ally's mom's car was.

"Uhrm . . . What are you looking at Austin ?" I asked.

Austin snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me.

"Uh ? Nothing. I'm not looking at anything." He said.

"Uh-huh." was all I could say. I looked at Jess, she raised one of her eyebrows and nodded slightly.

"So Austin could you explain how you and Cal had a fight and how Cal caused the blemishes on your arm ?" Jess asked in a british accent, sounding like a professor.

"Uhm . . ." Austin said and then nudged his elbow at Cal. Cal looked at him and then they both exchanged glances.

"Oh you know like one day we were just arguing on something . . ." Cal said.

"What thing ?" Jess asked.

"Um . . . something."

"What ?" She kept on provoking.

"Is that really necessary ?!" Cal asked.

"Ok fine ! Continue."

"Yeah and we started to fight and then Cal clawed his finger nails in my shoulder." Austin finished for Cal while he gestured at his shoulder.

"What, were you like having a cat fight or something ?" I asked with a frown.

"No !" Cal looked at me and said.

"Uhm ok so even if Cal clawed you, Austin, then he surely must have long nails. Cal, can we see your nails ?" I asked, with a strong feeling that Cal's nail were short.

Cal looked at his own nails and then slipped his hands into his pockets.

"What's wrong ? Why aren't you showing us your nails ?" Jess asked and smiled victoriously.

"Uhm he had recently cut his nails." Austin said and Cal nodded.

"Yeah. I had just cut them yesterday." Cal said, still nodding.

"Uhm . . .we're getting late. We have to go. See you girls tomorrow." Austin smiled and left with Cal hurriedly.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking ?" I asked Jess.