Chapter 13 - Second Day of School

Now, I learnt from my mistake and this time arrived to school early. It was just 7:38 a.m. and I was already sitting at the back of the class with my ear phones stuck in my ears and Paranolmacy in my hands. I wasn't actually listening to any songs, I had just put them on to block the noise my classmates were making. They sat a few desks in front of me, talking and giggling, loudly.

After a while, I saw someone enter the classroom. He wore a pair of tight black jeans and a white T-shirt. 'DANGEROUS!' was written in bold red letters on his shirt. He was wearing a pair of white Nike shoes and had short, blond hair. It was Joe. He gave me a smile walked towards me. I closed Paranolmacy and placed it on my desk and pulled out my ear phones. Joe sat on the chair in front of me and turned his chair to face me. He then smiled sweetly and said

"Hi."

"Hi." I replied and smiled back at him.

I came across Joe when I was dating Max. Joe and Max are really good friends and because of the honest and sweet nature of Joe, he had also became one of my good friends.

"So I heard about you and Max-"

"Heard about? What do you mean by 'heard about'?" I asked.

"Well everyone in the school is talking about your break up." Joe said sympathetically.

"How the hell did they know about us?" I asked, frowning.

"No idea." Joe said as he shrugged.

Who could've told everyone in the school about our split? The only people that I've told are Jess, Maria and Austin. Jess and Maria would never ever tell anyone about this. Then was it Austin? Nah. I'm a hundred percent sure that neither Austin will. Then who?

"It must be Max." I said and looked at Joe.

"Do you think Max would tell everyone about it?" I asked Joe.

"To be honest, he's been acting like a jerk lately. He's been spending a lot of time with some blonde but then yesterday, all of a sudden, he said that he missed you."

"What?! Max missed Ally?!" Maria asked as she dropped her bag to the floor and sat beside me.

"I don't believe it." Maria said indifferently.

"Neither do I." I said but then again there was a part of me hoping for it to be true. But who am I kidding?

"I'm telling the truth! He actually said that!" Joe protested.

"Ok, ok we believe you jeez. But then it's also possible that Max is simply lying." Maria said.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. He was in love with some blonde during the summer vacation but then yesterday he said he missed you. There is definitely something wrong." Joe said.

"Tell me about it." Maria said.

"Guys, let's not just talk about this ok and I don't even care what he does or says or whomever he hangs out with. I just don't wanna talk about him."

I said and calmed down.

"Hey, I just wanna tell you that eventhough you guys are not together, I'm still your friend. You can always count on me." Joe said and flashed his dashing smile at me again.

I think I got overwhelmed with feelings and said

"Aw! I've always said this and I'm saying this again, I have the best, best friends in the whole wide world!"

"Group hug!" Maria yelled and we all wrapped our arms around each other and did a small group hug.

"Hey, I'm also coming! Wait for me!" We heard Jess say and she also joined the group hug.