Chapter 20 - His Story

It was over. They had won, but at what cost? When the news about All Might's death hit the media a few days later, it looked like a lot of stuff would go down hill. There had been a prison break, with a lot of villains escaping. The heroes had captured again after a while, but not without fights, and in some cases even casualties... It was no secret that most people didn't trust Endeavor, the new number 1, as much as they trusted All Might. Hero society was falling apart. Needless to say that the league was quite proud of their accomplishment, Izuku not so much... He still couldn't really believe what happened. And as a matter of fact he wasn't sure if he wanted to.

He was currently sitting in the league's hideout, not exactly doing much. He wasn't paying much attention to the stuff around him. His main focus was trying to drink his feelings away, with soda of course, since he's too young for alcohol. He wanted to go back to class 1-A, but there was no point. There was no way they'd ever trust him again. And Ochako... Was she dead? She most likely was, but part of him hoped that they'd gotten her to a hospital in time. That maybe, just maybe, she'd make it out alive. The questions were driving him crazy. If anything he wished to go back in time to that rooftop, where he first met All Might. The thought of it stung, but maybe he could've prevented all this by never becoming a villain in the first place. If only he hadn't met Toga and Dabi back there. Yes he would've been bitter, but he wouldn't have been in this mess.

The league was currently trying to stay low. After all, the police would definitely start investigating the death of the former number one hero. No doubt his former classmates ratted him out already. And with the increase in villain activity they really didn't have to do much except stay under the radar, easy enough. Deku took another sip from his soda and looked around the hideout, he had no idea where the others were but they certainly weren't back yet. He could remember everyone saying where they'd go, but he didn't care enough to listen, let alone remember.

Days passed, nothing changed much. It was close to midnight, Izuku was taking a walk outside, humming a song from his childhood. He liked the night. No people, no expectations, no pressure. Just him and his thoughts. He always wondered, would he have gone so far down this path if his mother were still alive?... The most obvious answer would be 'Of course you wouldn't!' but Izuku wasn't sure about that one. The guys in the league were the only friends he had at the time. He didn't know. As he kept walking he decided he had one priority: getting out of the league.

The next night he stood right by the door inside the hideout. He had a backpack with all his stuff, not that he had a lot, and he wore a black face mask to avoid getting recognized. He also wore a hoodie with his hood up. As he was about to open the door he heard a voice behind him.

"Deku-kun?"

He turned around to see Toga standing in front of him.

"You're leaving?"

He didn't say anything, he just nodded.

Toga looked down quietly, but it looked like she understood.

It was weird, Izuku and Toga had grown quite close during their time in the league, it got to the point where they could communicate without words.

"Good luck out there"

"Thanks.."

She looked up again.

"And you better not forget me, you idiot!"

Izuku chuckled.

"I won't!"

And just like that, he left.

Years had passed, Izuku was currently 25 and doing pretty good. After he had left the league he had saved money and moved to California to start a new life. During his time there he signed with a record label and had his first big hit when he was 18. From there on he just kept rising. The police knew he was involved in All Might's death, but they decided to cover up Izuku's involvement on the condition that he'll never do something that horrible again. Currently he was in Japan, he was doing interviews for his new album. His days were quite busy, but he loved his career. He also grew close to his bandmates.

He was walking around the city and taking in the view, it was so long ago since he'd last been here. Not really paying attention to where he was going, he didn't realize he was about to bump into someone... and he did...

He looked up to see a brunette with hair just beneath her shoulders. She wore dark blue jeans, a white shirt and a pink leather jacket.

"Ochako..."

"I-"

He couldn't get the words out.

"I thought you were dead..."

"At the time faking it seemed like my best shot at staying alive..."

The two just stood there for a little bit, neither of them saying anything.

"Music, huh?"

"You know?"

"How can I not know? Your face is basically everywhere!" She giggled.

"H- Hey, how would you feel if I took you out for a drink? To catch up... as friends.."

She looked at him with a soft smile.

"I'd like that."

Just like that, they exchanged numbers and left.

Izuku had turned his life upside down, he was proud of himself, and he knew that if his mother was there she'd be too.

.

.

.

.

.

.