Chapter 16 - Changes

That night Izuku could barely sleep. He was confused, quite frustrated too. It was like his moral compass had suddenly turned upside down or something. Normally he wouldn't have cared about most of the stuff he did, so why did revealing Bakugou's identity to All For One feel so wrong? It shouldn't be much of a problem, right?... And what's the deal with Katsuki being All Might's successor? You'd think that the 'symbol of peace' would choose someone better...

That night he didn't sleep that much... There was simply too much on his mind. Things didn't get better when he woke up either...

'Yo Midoriya! Did you sleep at all dude? You look terrible!'

'Gee, thanks Kirishima...'

Deku didn't exactly wanna deal with the comments, he was too sleep deprived to deal with all this shit. Though he did start to feel a little better when he saw Ochako enter the common room. He couldn't exactly get the hang of it, he knew he liked Toga but he ever since he first entered U.A. he had these feelings around Ochako too.

'Hey Deku are you alright?'

'I- Uraraka! Hi! Goodmorning-- I'm- I'm fine, thanks!'

Crap. He zoned out! And don't even mention the stuttering...

Not to mention the fact that he wasn't fine... He had gotten a 'little' update from the league. That night they were going to meet up with the head of the 'Shie Hassaikai', a yakuza group. This did make Izuku a little nervous, who knows what kind of guy they're meeting with...

Most things went smoothly, maybe Izuku was lucky it was a weekend day. He had another talk with Aizawa to see if there's any updates, Izuku said there currently none but that he was going to meet up with them that night. His teacher seemed reluctant but ended up letting him go on his own. He made it clear however that if he were to screw up he wouldn't be allowed to go without supervision anymore. Izuku was quite happy with the way things were going, at this rate the daily meetups would soon probably become weekly.

It was evening, 7'o clock. Deku had to be at the compound at around eleven. Getting there would take about an hour and a half, though just to be safe Izuku wanted to leave at nine. That means that he had to be ready to leave in about 2 hours.

Izuku was currently on the stairs to his dorm where he encountered a certain cute brunette from class. She stopped walking as soon as she noticed the boy who didn't realize he was staring.

'Hey Deku! Where are you going? It's still early.'

'Oh, I was just going to grab a change of clothes'

Energetic as always, so adorable...

'Oh, well you'll be down later, right?'

'Of course!'

The two stood there in silence for a bit. It was almost getting awkward until Ochako said her goodbye and continued on her way to the common room.

Once in his dorm Izuku decided not to go with anything fancy. He had to make sure he was comfortable but also wouldn't be noticed. He ended up settling on a pair of jeans, a simple shirt and a black hoodie. With that he made his way downstairs again and once it was time he left.

While outside Deku decided to put on his earphones in and play some music, makes the trip less boring y'know. The first song was paradise by Rude-α.

Eventually he got to his destination, where he saw Toga and Twice.

'The great leader not here yet?...'

'Nah, I'm honestly surprised too! Thought he'd be the first to show up!'

Izuku looked at Twice and smiled a little. He liked the guy's energy, when he's happy that is.

Then he turned to Toga.

'What about the Azula-knockoff?'

'Who?'

'Dabi'

'Oh, here's not here yet'

'No shit, that's why I asked where he is.'

'Oh, I don't know.'

Unbelievable. Did Toga really not get his reference?

After a bit more waiting the others showed up, meaning they only had to wait for the yakuza leader. In the meantime Izuku gave them an update on how things were going at the school.

Deku didn't really want to pay much attention, but of course he knew the pros would be asking questions. Sure, the yakuza guy came but as soon as he started talking Tomura started acting as, wel, Tomura. Izuku didn't really want to listen to those two going back and forth. Some of the others started to look annoyed as well, Midoriya could understand why. Who in their right mind walks up to a group of villains and says stuff like "Put yourselves under me, I know how to use you.", this guy apparently. It was obvious they were all kinda done with this guys attitude, especially Magne who charged towards him ready to attack. Izuku was hoping for a cool fight, but the new guy's quirk finished things quite shortly. After this Mr. Compress started charging, Deku knew where this was going and looked at Toga, she stared for a bit and then nodded.

She knew what Deku meant and basically replied with: "I'll update you later.'

And so Izuku Midoriya fled the scene.

By the time he had gotten back at the dorms he still hadn't heard anything from Toga. As a matter of fact he was getting quite worried, yes Toga was crazy but she had been there for him ever since he joined the league. He never said it but he did really enjoy her company.

When he walked into the building Aizawa was there waiting for him, probably expecting Izuku to tell him what had happened. However, the boy looked way too tired, so the teacher told him they could meet after school hours the following day.

Once in his dorm room he had changed into his pajamas, however he was hesitant to go to bed as he hadn't heard anything yet, which is when he heard his phone buzz.

Himiko Toga

Hey! just wanted to say we're alright! Well, almost, compress lost an arm, but the bottom line is: you don't need to worry!

Izuku Midoriya

(Is typing . . . )

Izuku let out a sigh of relief. He would never admit it to her face, but he was glad she was alright. He wished her goodnight and went to sleep himself, wondering what tomorrow would bring.