Part 17- Sunset

Rex wasn't gone for a long time, 50 minutes, tops. Nevertheless, the sun was starting to set. It was at this moment Rex came to their room again. He knocked.
"Come in!"
"Hey Melian, sorry I was gone for a while, do you wanna come with me?" Rex asked with a smile. What has he planned?
"Where are we going? You know what, don't answer, I'm going. Give me just two minutes please"
"Of course, I'll wait for you here" he left their room. Melian turned to Ahsoka who was laying on her bed, pretending to not be interested in their conversation, but Melian knew damn well she heard every single word. Melian silently screamed and so did she.
"You can do it Melian"
"Of course I can, this ain't a race or something, we're just gonna go for a walk" Ahsoka and Melian laughed.
"Gonna go now, see you later" Melian waved at her. As she came out of their room, Rex held out his hand. She took it with a smile and they were on their way.

"I know I said to not answer, but where are you taking me?" she looked up at him, waiting for the answer.
"You'll see". He slowed down in the garden of the Jedi Temple, but didn't stop, as if he was looking for something. He was turning his head in all directions.
"Ahh, there it is" he let go of her hand and removed a piece of wood that revealed a passage of some kind.
"Shall I go first?" He asked, what a gentleman.
"I'd rather have you watch my back if you don't mind"
"As long as you feel safe I don't mind". She smiled at him and entered the tunnel.

It was surprisingly tall enough for Melian to almost stand straight, but Rex wasn't that lucky. After a few moments of walking they exited the tunnel, a flight of stairs came in sight. They were natural stairs, more like a path someone's walked on number of times. Rex took Melian's hand again and led her onto the stairs. The stairs didn't go really high, but when they climbed to the top they were on a little hill, with a beautiful tree and a blanket underneath it. The sun was already setting by now so it was beautiful. The sky was painted in orange, soft pink, yellow and some blue was showing.

"You... planned all of this? For me?" Melian's eyes were starting to tear up.
"Yeah, that's what took me so long. General Skywalker didn't need an hour long report just to tell him that in the end it was all good. We were done with that in ten minutes. Planning and organising this is what took a little bit longer" he was looking at her with so much love and care. They sat on the blanket.
"Listen, you didn't have have to plan this if it was hard. It doesn't matter where we are, as long as we're together". (I know it sounds cheesee but bare with me).
"I know, but I wanted something special for tonight". They finished the night by watching the sun set.

"How did you even find out about this place?" The tunnel really wasn't obvious, who would just go wondering around the garden, trying to find a secret tunnel.
"Oh, well General Skywalker has some... tips and trick regarding these types of things" while that is true, it's still funny.
"Well he is a married man." Their laughs could be heard, echoing throughout the Jedi Temple. Rex escorted Melian to her room.
"This night was awesome. Thank you so much Rex"
"Every night is awesome when you're with me" (Again, I am very well aware this is cheesee but who even gives a damn at this point). They hugged. She melted in his arms again, never wanting to let go.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" Rex said after we broke the hug.
"Of course. Good night."
"Good night love, sweet dreams."

Melian entered her room to see Ahsoka on the same place she was in when she left.
"Melian did I just hear what I think I heard??"
"What did you hear?" Melian didn't get her point.
"You're seriously telling me you haven't heard what Rex said like fifteen seconds ago?"
"He just said "Good night lov-" she froze.
"You see what I'm saying!" Ahsoka got off her bed.
"He called me love... Ahsoka, I love that man so much, you don't even know." Her best friend looked at Melian in disbelief.
"Oh believe me I do".