XV. Kraken [PART I]

THE ELITE

Three more hours before their departure, Timothy and his fleet are getting ready. In his room in their flagship, a hologram of the Kraken's blueprint is open. From its exterior to interior design including its functions. As he studies it, Nether brings a man in handcuffs into Timothy's office and makes him kneel before him. "Kneel before His Excellency, Resistant!" Nether tells him.

The Resistant kneels as his hands shiver in fear.

Timothy ignores the man for a few seconds until he finds something on the blueprint. "What is that?" He points at a line that seems off. "Is that a secret passageway?"

The man answers rudely, "That's the trash."

In anger—— He is about to kick the man! However, Nether stops him and convinces him to listen. "Calm down, Your Excellency. It might be true that it is the trash."

"It is! I swear! The trash keeps the power going! Since the stations near Kraken are from an industrial area, lots of people working in factories have tons of waste products. Either man-made or natural sir!"

Timothy keeps his calm composure, "What happens when you put it in that trash?"

"It keeps the three sources going! We call it Three Hearts!"

"Except that I don't see any hearts here."

"They kept every information about the hearts. Neither I nor any Resistant inside and outside Kraken knows where the three hearts are located. The information you seek stays by the Chief and the President's side."

"Tsk!" Timothy crosses his arms, uncertain of what they shall do next. Until, he turns to the guy with a serious expression, "You are coming with me." Then turns to Nether, "Inform them that it is almost time."

"Yes, Your Excellency." Nether answers.

As Nether leaves, Timothy guards their hostage in his office. "You will lose." The man confidently says.

He smirks while typing on his holographic computer, "No, I won't. My plans always work."

"Not when Commodore Diara is around."

He stops in an instant, "Stop bragging about your Commodore, Resistant. First of all, he's still a Commodore. Secondly, he's no rival of mine. Lastly, I am the best."

"That is what makes the both of you different. One wants to be the best, to be on top, and to be respected. While the other one just wants to be better, to be careful who or whom deserves his respect."

"That kind of mindset will kill him."

"That kind of mindset will save them."

"By the time we're in Kraken, the Resistant Fleet will be forced to surrender."

"What if they don't?"

He laughs a bit as the man sneers, "Then they have gone mad." Timothy then calls for his men outside his office to take their hostage with him in the bridge.