V. DaVinci Fortress [PART I]

THE RESISTANCE

After three days, Cali finally gets to see the stars again. Being a private photographer, a journalist, and a military assistant shouldn't be a problem! What should be a problem is that—— What if there are threats surrounding her?

She arrives a few minutes before the departure time. Cali only brought a few clothes with her since she might mostly where those uniforms for military assistants. She meets up with Concord and stands beside him at the left.

"I thought I will still tell you what you need to do." Concord smiles.

"Well, Commodore, I read a bunch before leaving." Cali smiles back.

"Really? But you're standing on the wrong side."

"Wait— what?!"

He laughs, "Just kidding!" Maybe have a moment of humour before leaving.

They are about to go inside their Flagship: Arantxa when— Chief Highway catches up to him. "Commodore Diara!" He calls.

Concord turns to see him in surprise! "Chief Highway, is something wrong sir?"

"Your father wants to give you this." He gives Concord a letter.

Concord opens it and reads the letter quietly. His response is his shocked face. Cali looks at him in concern. "There is something wrong. Is there?" Cali asks.

Concord folds the letter and keeps it in his pocket. He sighs before answering, "The Council's votes are released."

"What's the result?"

"We make the first move."

Upon hearing this, Cali's heart beats fast.

"So what are you going to do?" Chief Highway asks.

Concord sighs again, "Well there is nothing that I can do. If I don't——"

——Suddenly, they hear a crashing sound nearby! It is one of their ships!

A man runs to him—— "Sir! There are multiple malfunctions! We need more time to fix it."

"THEN HURRY UP!" Chief Highway commands, but it seems that Concord opposes.

"How many should be fixed?" Concord asks.

"Unfortunately.. We detected half of the fleet sir." The soldier informs.

"You can't go out with half a fleet! The Elitists will wipe you out before the other half could even get there!" Chief Highway tells him.

"What about our men?" Concord asks.

"No one is injured sir." The soldier says.

"You can't go Commodore." Chief Highway tells him again.

"No," Concord says, "They will catch up. We'll leave them."

Chief Highway looks at him, "In who's command?"

Concord smiles, "Captain Underwood." He goes inside Arantxa, Cali follows behind him. The solid metal and high tech doors close as they depart.

Zeal stares at The Flagship: Arantxa. "Why do you trust me Commodore?" He says to himself while watching Arantxa fly upwards. Half of the 17th Fleet are left on ground—— as planned. At a distance, he spots Chief Highway who gives him a scowl. He just salutes at him with an expressionless face. Instead of saluting back, he walks away. Zeal puts his hand down and sighs.

"Cap." The big man who fought Concord salutes him.

Zeal salutes back. "What is it?"

He gives him a recorder. "You need to hear this. I suggest that you don't play this here sir."