X. Project Koalemos

THE ELITE

As time passes by, the planned evacuation in Aurora has been spreading throughout Elite. Gaian Representative, Mrs. Fourtune, summons Timothy for a brief and urgent discussion. Once he goes in her temporary office, he bows his head and looks dead straight at her.

"Good morning to you too Admiral." She greets him while scanning some documents.

"I don't think there's something good this morning." He says.

"It's just a greeting. Don't be bitter." She walks to him and gives him a folder. "Here, you might need it."

He accepts it, then scans the papers. His eyes widen while he does so. "This..contains the information about the vuies." He looks at her. "Why are you giving this to me?"

She smiles, "I heard what the late King told you. I placed a small device so I could hear."

At this point, he might've skipped a beat when he hears these words. However, there is only little tension in the air. "How did you——"

"It was his request to place a small device on his bed so I could hear. And I have to admit, Admiral, I was surprised when he told you that will be his successor." She says while she sits down on her chair. "However, you still have a long way to go. Not to mention, the late King's children, specifically his son, Damion, demands that he should be the next King."

"Well he is originally next in line." Timothy sits down on the chair. "I guess you have already seen a glimpse of what might happen if he is King."

"Of course not——"

"It's not a question. You are obviously disgusted by his manners."

"I haven't officially met him."

"That is why I will stay for a bit long."

"But you can't stay here until I become King. The people will get suspicious if you do."

"Your rank is too low to become King. If we announce it sooner, your fellow vuies will disagree with everything you do or say!"

He mumbles, "One reason why I have a commoner as a best friend."

"I have to stay."

He sighs, "Whatever you say."

Silence replaces the serious atmosphere. Until she changes the subject, "I have a spy in the Resistance."

He looks at her in an instant.

"He told me that they knew about your Fleet going to Aurora." She adds.

"How so?"

"Mr. Queets. He knew I would be doing this. We might need to rethink of another plan——"

"No."

She looks at him in confusion. "Pardon?"

"No." He repeats.

She chuckles, "And why?"

He shrugs, "Why not? Now that they know our plan, they are definitely aware that we might change our plans."