1.11

~*~

~*~

when her plane landed back in louisiana, jaclyn didn't go back to sam's house right away. she decided to get a hotel for the night to clear her head, figuring it was probably better she wasn't around sarah and the boys right now. even though she didn't have to worry about her powers hurting anyone, she still didn't want to be this angry around them.

she got a room at a small motel down the road from the airport, and threw her stuff onto the bed. it was nearly two in the morning but she had no desire to sleep. she flicked on the tv, seeing a news broadcast about what happened in latvia and let out a groan of annoyance, quickly changing the channel. it seemed every single one was talking about john walker and what he did, and she shook her head, feeling her anger growing. she sat on the bed, leaning against the pillows lining the headboard.

even though she usually had to work at keeping her powers in when she was angry, right now she was focusing everything she could on trying to get the energy back into her hands. she was desperate to see some kind of purple light, but none came.

her phone rang beside her and she looked to see it was harley calling her, and she answered reluctantly. she knew she would feel better talking to him, despite her current aversion to talking with anyone.

"hey." she speaks, her voice void of emotion.

"hey, i saw what happened." he says gently.

"yeah, i'm pretty sure the whole world did." she comments, muting the tv.

"i meant the, uh, the bracelet." he says slowly, making her face twist with confusion.

"what? how?" she asks quickly, sitting up slightly.

"deep dive on related videos." he admits. "someone caught you and bucky in the background." he explains, and jaclyn sighed.

"great." she says sarcastically. "how do you even know about it?"

"i didn't." he says. "uh, bucky actually called and explained it to me. he told me i should check if you're okay." he continues, and jaclyn rolled her eyes.

"like he actually cares if i'm okay." she shakes her head, not believing that bucky would ever worry about her.

"he cares more than you might think." harley says, some hesitation in his voice. jaclyn shook her head again, still not believing it. "he wanted me to tell you that he got zemo. he's going to the raft prison." he continues.

"well i guess that's good." jaclyn mumbles, and she heard harley chuckle softly through the phone.

"it's very good." he reminds her.

"why are you even awake this late?" she questions, glancing at the clock. "it's 2am."

"i could ask you the same thing." he responds, a small grin on his face.