1.02

~*~

~*~

Jaclyn grinned as the truck pulled up onto the pier, seeing AJ and cass helping sarah with the catch.

"blue for the snapper, orange for the white fish." sam calls through the window, making the two boys look up excitedly.

"uncle sam!" they shout, running up to the truck.

"what's up?" he high fives them.

"what? i don't get a hello?" jaclyn jokes as she walks around to the front of the truck. the boys grinned upon noticing her, quickly running to hug her.

"that's right! uncle sam, you're back early." sarah says, making sam roll his eyes slightly. "hey jaclyn." she greets her with a smile. "what's going on? you got moms sneaky look on your face." she tells sam, who grins.

"how you gonna try to read me when you know i'm the one that reads you?" he questions jokingly, before turning to the boat behind them. "you gotta marvel at it. baby being held together by duct tape and prayers."

"it'll be fine, it just needs to float long enough for me to sell it." sarah responds, not making eye contact with sam.

"i thought we were gonna discuss if we were selling it." sam grabs a basket of fish, carrying it towards sarah at the table.

jaclyn slowly backed away, sensing that this was more of a family issue and probably not something she should be a part of.

she walked over to AJ and cass, who were untangling a net down the pier. she twisted her hand slightly, fully untangling the net in the boys hands and they quickly looked up at her with grins.

"thanks!" AJ says excitedly, his smile growing as the boys tossed the net aside and turned to her.

"so how have you boys been?" she asks, sitting on the edge of the dock, her feet dangling over the side as the boys joined her on either side.

"pretty good." cass tells her as jaclyn moved her hands slightly, making the water below them splash around. "we missed you." he smiles slightly, both boys watching the water.

"i missed you guys too." she grinned and flicked her wrists, making water splash each of them. they let out small giggles as they wiped the water from their faces.

"can you do the ball?" AJ asks quickly and jaclyn smiled, moving her hands around to form a ball of water and lifting it into the air, spinning it around in front of them.

she was always relaxed here. the people were so nice and the boys always made her laugh. she couldn't see herself living anywhere else anymore. it just seemed so simple looking out over the water, like her mind was finally clearing. she still had a small amount of anger, it was always there, but she was able to control it for the most part. the people in the town knew about her powers, they came in handy when there was a lot of work to be done.