1.07

~*~

~*~

the car finally pulled to a stop and zemo led them through low town, jaclyn doing everything she could to keep her powers at bay. he brought them to a small bar called the bronze monkey, and jaclyn instantly noticed the amount of people carrying guns with them.

zemo spoke in russian as they walked through the bar and jaclyn knew he must be saying something to bucky, as she recognized part of the statement to mean 'winter soldier'. jaclyn heard whispers around her as people looked at bucky in disbelief.

"hello gentlemen." the bartender greets them, as zemo nodded for jaclyn to stand next to him. she reluctantly moved to the other side of sam and zemo smirked. "wasn't expecting you, smiling tiger." he looked to sam.

"his plans changed." zemo says simply. "we have business to do, with selby." the bartender glanced to each of them skeptically.

"the usual?" he asks sam, who nods silently. he turned around to pull a snake out of a jar, and jaclyn tried to keep her face clear of the disgust as he sliced it open.

"ah, smiling tiger, your favourite." zemo tells him, as the bartender put the snake guts in a small glass along with some kind of drink and slid it towards sam.

"i love these." sam says reluctantly, holding up the cup.

"cheers, conrad." zemo clinks his cup with sam and drinks it.

sam paused for a moment, building up the courage to quickly drink what was in his cup, trying to keep his face normal. he nodded slightly and gave the bartender a thumbs up, who slowly walked away from them and further down the bar.

"got word from on high." a guy approaches them from behind, making the four spin to look at him. "you ain't welcome here." he says sharply.

"i have no business with the power broker." zemo tells him calmly. "but if he insists, he can either come talk to me..." he motions to bucky.

"new haircut?" the guy asks him.

"or bring selby for a chat." zemo continues. the guy looked at him for a moment, before slowly walking away.

"a power broker? really?" bucky questions as zemo turns back towards the bar.

"every kingdom needs its king." zemo shrugs. "let's just pray we stay under his radar."

"do you know him?" jaclyn asks, still tugging slightly at her tight short skirt.

"only by reputation." zemo says. "in madripoor he is judge, jury, and executioner."

a guy slowly started walking up to the group, and zemo says 'winter soldier' in russian again, making bucky nod slightly. he then said something else, a word that jaclyn didn't know, but bucky quickly grabbed the hand of the guy who came up to them, twisting it and walking him to the middle of the room.