1.04

~*~

~*~

"sorry about redwing." bucky says after a long while of silence as the three walked back to the airport.

"no you're not." sam responds sharply.

"i am." jaclyn says quickly, causing sam to chuckle softly at her.

"what's going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?" he turns back to bucky.

"it's computing." bucky says sarcastically.

"you know what? i can actually see it." sam laughs. "i can see the gears turning. oh, they're malfunctioning, shutting down. yup, they're on fire."

"we gotta figure out where the serum is coming from." jaclyn interrupts him, quickly growing tired of the teasing.

"yeah, and how in the hell after eighty years are there eight super soldiers running loose." sam agrees. a truck pulled up behind them, honking it's horn and stopped a few feet in front of them.

"so that didn't go as planned, huh?" john swung the door open, though the three ignored him and walked past them. "okay." he says awkwardly, pulling the door shut. "let's keep going." he tells the driver, who continues slowly driving beside them. "look, at least we know what we're up against now. and we're pretty sure it's one of the big three."

jaclyn look up at him with a small glare, a ball of energy forming in her hands from the anger growing inside her just from the sound of his voice. sam looked at her and shook his head, making her take a moment to breathe and letting the glowing purple fade back into her hands.

"aliens, android or wizards." lemar says, as if the three didn't already know that.

"pretty sure." john nods.

"there's no such thing as wizards!" bucky snaps in frustration.

"all right, then it's aliens or androids." john shrugs and jaclyn resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"or super soldiers." sam states, glancing at the two in the truck.

"shit, super soldiers? for real?" lemar questions.

"yeah." sam nods.

"wow." john's eyes widen slightly. "all right, well then we gotta work together."

"that's not happening." bucky says, staring straight ahead.

"for once we agree on something." jaclyn says, though annoyance was still clear in her voice.

"i think we stand a much better chance if we all just-"

"just 'cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're captain america." bucky interrupts john angrily.

"look, i've done the work, okay?" john says defensively.

"you ever jumped on a grenade?" bucky asks.