1.06

~*~

~*~

after their plane landed in berlin, sam, jaclyn and bucky went straight to the prison to see zemo. jaclyn had refused to even look at bucky since last night, still feeling slightly on edge after everything that happened.

a security guard walked the group down a long hallways towards where zemo's cell was, the only sound in the hall being their foot steps.

"he's just through that corridor." the guard says, pausing a few feet away from it.

"all right, give us a sec." bucky tells him, to which he nods and continues down the hallway. "i'm gonna go in alone." he turns to sam as they stop walking.

"why?" sam questions quickly.

"'cause you're an avenger. you know how he feels about that." bucky reminds him.

"look, it's not like you two are known for frolickin' in the sun together." sam says sarcastically.

"he was obsessed with hydra." bucky states. "we have a history together." he adds and jaclyn let out a quiet scoff, earning her a glare from bucky. "trust me. i got it." he turns back to sam, who hesitantly nodded.

bucky walked away from them as jaclyn leaned against the wall behind her, crossing her arms and staring straight ahead. she was trying to think, trying to clear her head but she just kept getting more and more angry.

"you keep staring like that and pretty soon you'll turn into him." sam warns her, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"i could never be like him." she says, slight annoyance in her voice. sam watched her for a moment, seemingly debating on what to say next.

"you wanna talk about what happened on the plane?" he asks quietly, leaning on the wall beside her.

"right now?" she questions. "i think we're a little busy for that."

"we got some time to kill." sam shrugs, and jaclyn let out a sigh.

"he just pisses me off." she says quietly, glancing towards where bucky had turned a corner. "it's like he does everything he knows will make me mad, as if he doesn't even care." she shifted her feet awkwardly.

"it's not like you've been acting super nice towards him either." he reminds her, making jaclyn roll her eyes slightly.

"well he deserves it." she states, making sam's face fall slightly.

"and why is that?" he asks, knowing that jaclyn won't be able to come up with anything that doesn't have a counter-argument.

"because..." she pauses. "he just does, okay?" she sighs in frustration. "it's like he wants me to lose my shit and screw everything up. he wants me to explode and lose everything i care about. he just wants me gone."

"he doesn't-" sam starts, but is cut off by bucky quickly walking back past them.

"let's go." he says sharply, and jaclyn and sam quickly follow behind him, ending their conversation.