Chapter Eight - The Magisters

Happy two hundred fans to me! Thanks, everyone! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Eight - The Magisters

          "Dante?" she asked, holding my shoulders. "Who's Dante?"

          "Him, the man from the window."

          As soon as the words came out of my mouth, she let go of my shoulders and dumped herself on her bed, her arms stretched sidewards, eyes closed. It was clear she was thinking of something deep, something you need to focus on. I wanted to talk to her, but I felt the need to look at the window, to look at the lake, to look at the small moving thing again. That need pulled much stronger than the need to talk to her, so I looked at the window again. Remekiah made his way up my dress. His head emerged from inside my dress, leaning on my neckline.

          "Remekiah," I mouthed soundlessly, poking his cheek softly with my forefinger.

          He just looked at me in reply, knowing if we make a sound, Kosh would hear us and she'd know I was talking to someone.

          I pointed at the thing inside the lake. "What is that?" I mouthed.

          Remekiah didn't answer. As I looked down to meet his eyes, I noticed his eyes were growing larger and larger, as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing. But he wasn't looking at the thing in the lake, he was looking at something above, something in the sky. My eyes looked at the direction he was looking at, then I saw it.

          "A dragon?" I voiced out, my eyes widening.

          "What?" Kosh asked.

          Quickly, Remekiah hid inside my dress as Kosh walked towards me. I acted as normal as possible to hide the snake inside my dress, but Remekiah's shivering was tickling me a bit, so I had to bite my lip to keep me from smiling.

          "Hmm?" I asked.

          "Dragon?" she asked, then she glanced at the window. I hope she doesn't see the dragon, I chanted in my head. I had a bad feeling about this, and I knew things would get worse if Kosh saw the dragon. "What dragon?"

          "I didn't say anything," I said.

          "Really?" she asked, a bit shocked to know I didn't say anything. "Well then, let's get you back to your room. This day's a bit big, and it's your first day here in Aethelgard."

          As soon as my door was closed, I hurried to my closet and grabbed a new dress to wear. With my help, Remekiah slid out of my dress, landing on my bed and crawling underneath the covers. I quickly changed into a new dress before jumping on the bed and slipping my hand inside to grab Remekiah and talk to him about the dragon.

          "Ow, ow, ow!" Remekiah whined as I pulled him from under the bed cover and held him by the neck. "Hey, you're hurting me!"

          I ignored his outcry, rolling my eyes. He was such a drama king. "What do you know about the dragon, Remekiah?" I asked, knowing Kosh would not hear me anymore because it had been a long while since she left. I knew I sounded like I was forcing the answers out of him, but actually, I really was.

          "Dragon?" he replied. He shook his head. "I don't... I don't know anything about the dragon."

          "Give me a break, Remekiah. I know you do." Seeing Remekiah shaking his head, I continued, "When Kosh heard me and walked towards us, you took that chance to hide inside my dress and keep me from asking questions."