Chapter Six - Discover Your Purpose

Dedicated to handwrittenthoughts for reading my story and giving me some tips.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

Chapter Six - Discover Your Purpose

          "Y-You can...talk?" I whispered, my eyes wide in disbelief.

          I felt Kosh touch my arm. "Safia?"

          It was the last thing I heard before everything slowly went dark.

          Whoosh! The wind blew against me, making my brown hair dance in the air. I didn't mind. The wind felt so good, and it made me feel so free.

          "Safi," he called.

          I turned around to see him smiling at me, his hair moving gracefully in the air. He was still wearing the white shirt I saw him in last time. He was only a few inches away from me, and I couldn't help but blush. Even if the wind was blowing so hard, I could still feel the warmth of his breath. I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent. He smelled so good.

          "Safi?" he asked.

          I opened my eyes. My eyes met his crystal blue eyes, and I almost melted in his gaze. "Hm?" was all I could say.

          He raised his hand and caressed my cheek. Prompted by instinct, I leaned in to his hand and let him touch me. "I missed you, Safi."

          "I missed you, too," I told him honestly.

          "Come with me," he said.

          I took his hand. His hand was a bit cold, but I could feel a special kind of warmth radiate from his hand, rushing to my body, warming me up. As we walked over the hill, we took careful steps so wouldn't fall. Small rocks almost tripped me when I had accidentally stepped on them, but he held me firmly--but gently, so I didn't fall. The colors were still dancing everywhere, and that made him look even more wonderful because his colors were steady. There were times when I saw his mouth open as if he was telling me something, but the wind was still blowing hard, making it hard for me to hear what he might've been saying.

          "What did you say?" I asked him.

          He laughed. "This spot looks fine. We could sit here." He spoke between chuckles, but, after listening carefully, I got what he was saying. So I sat on the grass, and he sat beside me.

          I looked at him. His eyes sparkled with admiration. He wasn't looking at me; he was looking at the sky above us.

          "The sky is so beautiful, Safi." he said, frowning.

          Why was he frowning? Wasn't he happy to sit beside me? Did he want to leave already? Surely, I didn't deserve a man as astonishing as him, but I wished he didn't think very lowly of me, because I really wanted to stay with him.

          "I wish you could see what I could see, Safi. If only I could do anything about it."

          That brought a frown to my face, but I tried to hide it, knowing frowns never made anyone look better. At least, that was what my mother always told me. "It's okay," I lied. A part of me still wanted to see what normal people could see. But there was nothing I could do about that, so I just had to be contented with what my eyes would let me see. "I love the color of your hair," I told him, changing the topic.