Chapter 1.

My story starts with my eighteenth birthday, which is actually today. After I out grew the whole little kid birthday parties, my best friend Jacob decided I grew into a new era; house parties. Believe it or not, I'm not exactly the party type kind of guy, I would much rather stay home and watch an endless supply of movies. But when you're friends with Jacob Marcus, and you're part of the popular crowd, it's pretty hard to avoid parties. Even though I don't like them, I'll be there for half of the time. Once everyone's getting drunk, I'll sneak away from the party and head to Anderson Park. There, I will meet up with one of my closets friends, Avery Madison.

I pulled up to the party with my sister, Grace and our cousin Braxton Marc. My sister was barely sixteen, and Braxton fifteen. The only reason why I even came with them was to be able to come to the party. My parents aren't that strict, but they did tell me they wanted me home because they wanted to talk to me. I had to use Grace and Braxton as an excuse to ditch them, and come to the party. I told my parents that Grace and Braxton were taking me out to eat, since it is my birthday after all.

"Hayden, I really don't want to be here," Grace complained. She unbuckled her seat belt, but she didn't seem to happy to be here.

"Yeah Hayden, I was hoping to be at your house soon. Besides, if I knew you were serious about this party I would of invited Hope to come along," Braxton said.

I turned to look at him, and shook my head. Braxton's blond hair was almost falling to his brown eyes, I was use to him having long hair but not this long. Braxton looked like almost a replica of his Dad, it was crazy and weird how genes work. As an example, my sister Grace and I, there is no doubt that we're related. We both share the same shade of brown hair, and the same shade of brown eyes. I had a few freckles on my face, kind of like how Braxton did, and Grace's face had none. Grace's skin was also a bit tanner than mine, and I was just a shade lighter. Those small differences didn't stop us from looking a like though. As for our sister Hope, she was the total opposite of us. She had blond hair, and blue eyes. Her skin was a lot paler than ours, kind of how Braxton's was. Sometimes people have trouble believing that she's even my parents daughter, but I know she's theirs. We've all seen the family pictures of all of us when we were babies. Except, they're missing a huge chunk of my life as a baby, but it doesn't bother me.

"You think my parents would let her come to this party? She's barely fourteen, no I wouldn't let you invite her anyways," I said to him shaking my head.

My youngest sister, Hope, was Braxton's crush. Even though we were all raised as if we were a part of the same family, neither one of us are actually related. My Mom, Aaliyah, and Braxton's Dad, Isiah. They've been friends since they were kids pretty much. They say they're like siblings, so we all grew up just calling each other cousins.

"Dude, I'm fifteen! You think my parents would let me be here at this party? They're going to kill me if they find out I'm even here," Braxton said.

"Yeah, Hayden. Besides, Mom and Dad told you not to come. You can see Savannah and Jacob another day, just not now. Can we just go home?" Grace asked. These two, I swear. It's like they don't know how to be teenagers.

"We're here already, so let's just get off and enjoy. I just want to meet up with my friends for a while, we'll leave in about and hour. Deal?" I questioned them

Grace and Braxton looked at one another, as if trying to see if they were now on the same. They both sighed, and they looked at me.

"Deal," they said at the same time.

As the three of us entered the party, the two people who wanted to immediately leave the part quickly ditched me. Grace noticed some girls she recognized, and Braxton just quickly got lost in the crowd. It's not the first time I sit outside the car trying to convince them to come to a party with me, just so they can leave as soon as we enter the house.