III

-Nyx-
My straight brown hair was bouncing on my head as I skipped into my office, I was in a terrific mood and honestly, I didn't even know why. With a great smile on my face I greeted Garrett and sat down at my desk ready for a new day.

'Well, don't you look chipper?', I heard behind me.

It's been 2 months since my first interaction with Ben. We've grown to be pretty close friends over that time, and maybe I wanted it to be a little more, but I wasn't going to let my dumb feelings get in the way of a great friendship. I've grown close to the other cast members too, but especially Ben. He always stops by my office at least once while I'm working, and he's always got that stupidly charming smile on his face.

I turned around and saw -you guessed it- Ben standing there, with the stupidly charming smile, laughing at me and my good mood.

'Can't a lady just be 'chipper' once in a while?', I said mockingly while I put quotation marks at the word 'chipper'.
'No! No! Don't let me stop you from being chipper, I just came by to say hi, so, hi!', he said back.
The smile on my face turned into a grin as I said 'hi' in the exact same tone as his peculiar greeting.
We chatted for a while about everything and nothing, Ben caught me up on some drama on set, fangirling over Ivan and Fedyor being boyfriends -and to be honest I don't blame them... OTP am I right?-, vented about some other stuff going on and told me about a book he read.

I loved to listen to Ben talking, his voice was like music to my ears and every time he laughed about something the whole room just lit up.

-

-Ben-
I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Nyx, I could vent about stuff and she would just chat along and laugh with me. When she laughed, she always shook her head so her brown hair would swing a bit, and her eyes got a little wrinkled, I really liked seeing her laugh.

After chatting for a while I got called up for filming. We got up from the table we were sitting at, she had to get back to work anyway, and said our quick goodbyes, but then something great happened.

She hugged me.

You heard me!

She h u g g e d me.

It was amazing, it was fairly quick, but before I turned around to leave, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me up against her, while wrapping her arms around me. I was in a moment of shock, so it took me a second to get out of that state and put my hands over her shoulders. I could smell the scent of her hair, it kind of smelled like peaches, and... cinnamon? Either way, it smelled great.

After she let me go, I watched her walk to her office in her cute outfit. She was wearing a red sweater, which was a little tight, with a short overall almost covering her entire torso and almost down to her knees. A little Winnie the Pooh with flowers was embroidered on her overall and she wore a black belt to match her shoes.

The entire day during filming, her scent was lingering in the back of my mind. Did I want to be a little more than friends? Perhaps? Was I going to let my feelings get in the way of this amazing friendship? No. I loved having Nyx around. She was cute, fun to talk to and like this ray of sunshine, as a person. She didn't really send any signals that she liked me back, so I just left it alone for the time being, besides, it's just a small crush.

-

-Nyx-
...I. hugged. him.

WHAT?

Okay, so, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing? I just wanted to kind of send him a signal that I liked him, I was sure the feelings weren't mutual, but how big could the damage be, right? Just. A. Hug.

Friends hug, don't they?

Not like that they don't.

Damn.

This is honestly so frickin hard... I mean while I was working, he kept shooting glances over at me, is that a good sign? I thought I was being a bit too obvious with my feelings here, so I decided I'd just restrain my feelings for a bit, maybe that'd increase them, maybe it'd only make things worse. The only way to find out is to just do it. Right?

During work my mind just kept wandering to the man who was right there. Filming and smiling like nothing happened.

Nothing happened.

Right, nothing happened. It's just 2 friends, hugging, don't he and other cast members do it all the time?

After a very frustrating day of thinking way too much about a 'spur of the moment' thing, I decided I just wanted to go home. So I did, at least, I was planning on doing that, before walking a little too fast and bumping into the man I've been thinking about all day. Because why not. Does the universe just straight up hate me?

'Oh, I'm sorry! Are you okay?', he asked apologetically.
'Yeah, no, I'm fine, I should be the one apologising actually, I wasn't really paying attention to where I was walking, so sorry!', I told him.
'That's alright, Nyx.', he told me.

He took my hand and helped me get up, giving me the feeling of having my very own Mr. Darcy-Lizzie-carriage-hand... moment. I was hoping Ben wouldn't see the light pink shade that was comping up on my cheeks, so I quickly bid him another apology and waved him goodbye. He waved back and shot me a -very cute, might I add- sheepish grin.

After I came home and fell down on my bed, the first thing I did was scream into my pillow... hard. God, this whole day just completely changed my view on Ben. I didn't want to lose such a precious friendship, but I didn't want to have any bottled up feelings either.

I just decided I was too tired to even think or function, so I got ready for bed, grabbed some chocolate and sat in my bed. I put on Adventure Time on Netflix, watched for about half an hour, decided it was time to go to sleep and went into a deep slumber after a day of way too much overthinking and contemplating one simple -friendly- gesture.

-1105 words-

———————————————
3 chapters in a day? oHmYgOd.
I know, I rock :]
I'm just very, very inspired to get the story started! It's going to be hella good.. promise!

To my 28 dear readers; know that you're loved... by me (and many others)!<3
Thank you all for taking the time to read my story and have a great amazing awesome stunning day, go get 'em tiger!

Oh also... here's a peek at Nyx's outfit (the one Ben was fangirling about);

Feel free to leave a comment or question!Maybe vote, I honestly don't know what that's for, someday explain? :]

Maybe vote, I honestly don't know what that's for, someday explain? :]