Chapter 8

The Vision looked into your eyes for a few more seconds before speaking in his neutral voice, "The Mind Stone, it can see your thoughts. It has connected to you in a unique way. It is very strange this connection. I can see your thoughts via this connection. I see your desire to be free. I see your desire to escape. I see your desire to stop the harm you caused defending yourself. The Mind Stone wishes you to be free, to fulfil your . . . destiny, I suppose.  The acts of Bruce Banner in my consciousness wants you to be free for your sake. The parts of Tony Stark want you captured, to be contained and studied. The remaining parts of myself, JARVIS, want to follow Stark's wishes. I am torn."

You were shocked. Speechless, words failing to form. The confusion The Vision feels seemed to pass onto you with his little speech. But that speech was enough.

Thor and Natasha broke through the last of your defenses and instantly were on you. Natasha grabbed a needle from her skin tight suit and stabbed it into your exposed arm, injecting the contents before you could react. The blanket of darkness fell almost instantly over your consciousness, along with your body. Striking the floor if not for the strangely comforting grip of The Vision's hands.

But you were in the hands of all the Avengers now.

*****

A few hours later, at the Avengers Tower.

Thor Odinson, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Tony Stark, Rhodey and the Vision were the only ones available to speak to Director Fury as he strode into the meeting room.

"Where are Captain America, the Scarlet Witch, The Falcon and Doctor Banner?" His harsh tone demanded as soon as he sat down.

The Vision supplied the information requested, "Mr Wilson is being treated for a damaged leg after a fall. The other three are all unconscious for various reasons."

"What reasons?"

"Mr Rogers was struck in the face with his shield. Mr Banner was drugged by a sedative in the form of a flower scent. And an unknown reason for Miss Maximoff."

"Thank you Vision. Can you all explain your experiences then. And then we can discuss what we are going to do with Y/N L/N."

Tony was the first to speak up. "Y/N is crazy strong. She managed to take us all out apart from Point Break, Nat and Vision. But they didn't try to hurt us either. I'm sure if they wanted to they could have killed us all."

"I was targeted first I think," Clint butted in, "I was on a rooftop down the road watching everything. I was tied up by vines and roots before I could even react. Leaves covered my mouth so I couldn't make a sound. I just watched as the battle commenced. I couldn't reach any weapons to cut my self loose, my comm link was also targeted."

"Doctor Banner was next. He was further back from us, preparing to intervene if necessary. He inhaled the scent from a flower shoved into his face, I assume containing a strong sedative. Successful preventing the Hulk from breaking out. He was caught and lowered to the ground gently. I saw the actions and alerted the rest of the team." The Vision informed, nobody else knowing this little story.

"Who was next to fall?" Fury prompted.

"It was Lady Maximoff. Her strange mind powers tried to overwhelm L/N but were repelled, leading to a small shock and the unconscious state Lady Maximoff still resides in. The healers are unsure on what caused her condition. They will inform us if anything changes." Thor boomed.

Vision again. "Mr Rogers was the first to attack after Wanda. He threw his shield only for it to stop mid air and be thrown back to his face, he was unable to stop the strike. Captain America was knocked unconscious with a large bruise and lump across his face. As you know he is still unconscious."

Miss Romanoff then added her experience. "I took out my guns and shot at her. Steve's shield flew upwards from the ground and protected Y/N. Stopping the bullets. A few flew off and one struck Sam Wilson, leading to his fall and the injured leg. I then threw knives but only one caught Y/N, just slicing the cheek."

Rhodey then talked, "I also started firing but a large collection of vines and roots formed around Y/N, protecting them and stopping my attack." He stopped for a second, collecting his thoughts. "I looked like a fortress. Thick wall and a roof, stopping anything we threw at it. Tony was the only one who was in, it was like he was picked to fight. One on one sort of thing."

Fury turned to Tony, "Stark, what happened next. We need these details if we are to understand L/N."

"Sure. Y/N gave a very creepy smile but before they could act I fired my repulsors and they hit the wall, falling to the floor. Something then happened, like the plants surrounding me got a burst of power. They started snapping with new energy. Holes in the fortress from the other Avengers were repaired and I was overrun. Dragged backwards into a vine wall and my arc reactor was smashed, leaving me in a dead suit. I knew I should have had a spare power source built in, but then the weight issue . . ." Tony trailed off, lost in thought. The rest of the team stared at him for a second before ignoring his weird ending.

The Vision spoke again, due to his perfect memory. "The remaining team members then broke through the fortress. Thor, Miss Romanoff and Mr Rhodes and I managed to get inside and tried to work our way towards the target. The War Machine armour was taken out the same way as the Iron man suit, leaving the three Avengers who remained standing. The living room went crazy, trying to protect Y/N, who remained on the floor. The pathway was blocked by new walls, damages being repaired almost instantly. Thor and Miss Romanoff were being held back so I decided to faze through the vines in an attempt to stop the defences. When I got to the suspect I managed to distract them whilst Miss Romanoff and Thor approached. Miss Romanoff then injected a sedative, leading to this current situation."

Natasha frowned knowing that the Vision was actually talking with Y/N and helping them stand. She decided not to comment, Thor unfortunately didn't have that same thoughts.

"Vision, I saw you conversing with L/N. May I enquire what the conversation was about?"

The Vision didn't even turn to look at Thor Odinson, instead focused straight ahead without expression. "I unfortunately do not recall."

The room all knew he was withholding information. The Vision doesn't forget. But they also knew he would have a very good reason for this silence. They left him to think things over, hoping he would express this information later on.

Fury looked curious but somewhat trusted the robot, an impressive feat in itself. "Let's go see Y/N. They should be waking up soon."

And with that everyone rose from their seats and walked to the door, turning left, heading towards your drugged and unconscious body.

AN: A partial filler chapter. Hopefully the fight scene was better explained with some Avenger viewpoints. The next chapter might also be delayed, perhaps in two weeks time. Life once again.
Comment and vote to show your support, thanks for the reads.