Chapter 4

The new SHIELD headquarters were something else. Seemingly simple it was only a facade for anybody who managed to wander this far from the main road at the outskirts of the city. From the wide road the large building looked derelict and dilapidated but after driving around the only visible corner the road opened out into a large car park with dozens of pristine cars all neatly lined up. 
But the building itself was the most impressive.
The dark and dirty walls facing the road soon vanished and nestled in the corner of the two walls was a bright but small building with a single entrance. The white walls were clean, without a single blemish, but were broken apart repeatedly by reflective glass that hid the interior from external eyes. The squat building wasn't very large, seemingly only three equally sized rooms. A central reception area with a restaurant to one side and an elegant lounge to the other.
But below the surface was where all the action occurred.

Three vans entered the car park and all pulled up in the nearest empty places. A collection of agents and blindfolded and handcuffed prisoners exited one grey van. Another door opened and the other vans divulged agents carrying boxes and bags of valuable evidence from the crime scene in the city a few hours previous. The three groups converged to enter the building before splitting up once again. The prisoners and their guards entered an elevator on the right hand side of the entrance. The groups carrying evidence entered the remaining few and all descended to a level deep within the building.
The evidence was stacked up on a long table in a large room, covering the entire back wall with boxes and bags of potentially useful or useless information. It wasn't long before an army of agents descended on the evidence and started to search through it, categorising as they went.

It wasn't long before your backpack was discovered and removed from the evidence by glove-clad hands. It was carried to an empty table before being opened and tipped upside down, forcing all your possessions to fall. A large black hoodie was picked up and patted down, feeling for anything inside the pockets. Satisfied nothing was hidden the agent threw the clothing to one end of the table and searched for a new object to study.
A smaller bag was picked up and unzipped, revealing money, credit cards and your identification. 
Your first and last name.
Your age.
A photo of you.
One bit even had your address.

Everything they needed to identify you and locate you.

In his excitement, the agent called out, "I've found something. A name, address, age and photo. If I remember correctly none of the people arrested matched this description, can somebody check for me?"
A few others answered his queries by walking over and looking at the image.
"Definitely didn't arrest this Y/N L/N, I was detaining the suspects and nobody looked like that."
"Okay, thanks. I think I'll take this higher up and show our bosses. They will want this information and know what to do."

Conservation ended he walked over the elevator with the evidence clutched tightly in his hand, aiming to contact his boss, Nick Fury.

*****

"Sit down quickly and quietly, I don't have enough patience for your childish antics today!"

Tony Stark predictably ignored the warning and couldn't resist the joke that came to mind, "Somebody is furious today aren't they?"

Steve Rogers sighed, "You literally used that exact line the other day, can't you think up something new?"

"But it's the perfect line, even you have to admit that one Capsicle!"

"No I don't actually."

"You're no fun!"

Natasha Romanoff had to intervene as usual, "Boys sit down, Nick has a task for us and I'd rather get on with it before we all die from old age."

Steve sat down quietly but Tony decided to sulk, his face pouting without a second of hesitation.

The Avengers had been called by Nick Fury to a large meeting room in SHIELD HQ to address the Hydra attack nearly a day ago now. 
The entire team had answered the urgent call: Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Thor Odinson, Wanda Maximoff, Bruce Banner, Clint Barton, Sam Wilson, Vision and James Rhodes.

All the team eventually sat down in an arc, seated behind a semi circle table that faced Fury.
Fury pressed a button on a remote in his hand and a video began to play on the decently sized screen embedded in the desk in front of each Avengers. 
A time stamp on the bottom right hand corner placed the footage at the time of the Hydra attack. The CCTV footage started and showed an empty alleyway, however a few seconds later a person walked quickly into the darker corridor between roads. 
"That is Y/N L/N," Fury informed "watch the rest closely."
On the screens both sides of the alleyway were blocked by figures and a car. The video shows your actions and reactions, trying to turn away, trying to find a way out before you dropped the backpack.
The Avengers were watching closely as they hadn't heard of any victims being rescued from the Hydra agents.  They soon realised you were not just a helpless victim. A victim, but definitely not helpless.

Gasps were heard around the room along with the odd muttering as soon as they saw your powers through the grainy CCTV footage. You fortifying your back, you taking out agents quickly, your immense power at a simple thought.

"Ouch, I bet that hurt." Commented Tony as he saw the bullets flying across the screen, wincing when one entered your shoulder.

"Being shot normally does hurt Stark." Sighed Fury, seemingly accepting the inability for Tony to be quiet for long.

Silence fell across the room again as the battle continued. The shot changed to another camera, showing the moment your body was flung skyward by the car impact.

"And yes Stark, that would have hurt as well." Fury said after the footage then ended, no more cameras seeing anything of importance. "Your task is to find this Y/N L/N, they are obviously injured, scared and dangerous. SHIELD is also looking but if we encounter this superhuman we will need the Avenges to detain and arrest Y/N. Any questions? No, good. You all start now. Don't let me down."

And with that Fury got up and walked out, leaving the Avengers in silence. They had a task, to hunt you down. 
Shame you had a few more pressing matters to attend to at the moment, such as a bleeding hole in your body.