Chapter 6

AN: The next chapter will be delayed due to life getting in the way. Hope you enjoy, don't forget to like. Comment any thoughts, theories or ideas for future chapters. Thanks for the 51 reads!

You were definitely not going with the Avengers.

You had heard of the Avengers, their battles and wars that had destroyed cities, infrastructure, buildings and lives. Yes, they aimed to be a force for good in this messed up world but it would be stupid to ignore all the blood surrounding them. They had caused more death than you could handle.

Glancing around you stared down the police officers, looking each one in the eye before stopping on Captain America, the one clad in a blue costume.

Captain America muttered in an earpiece, too far away for you to hear. However the police officers lowered their guns and quickly retreated, leaving nine figures around ten metres away. Tony Stark walked in his Ironman suit until he was facing you, five metres separating your faces. Steve Rogers stood to Tony's left, Thor quickly taking his right hand side. Blackwidow walked until she was approximately seven metres to your left. Wanda followed her lead but covering your right hand side instead. The Falcon, Vision and War Machine all took to the air, hovering and circling not too far above you figure. Bruce Banner stopped walking around near the other side of the street, hunched over to avoid your gaze. Clint Barton was missing so you assumed he was placed on a rooftop somewhere, aiming his bow directly at you.
All of this occurred within a few seconds, not giving you enough time to react. 
A few seconds and you were nearly surrounded, you back to an open door, the only direction you could go to avoid the Avengers. 

You shuffled backwards but stopped when Captain America called out again, "Don't move please! We just want to talk and check if you are alright. We know that you were attacked, shot and hit by a car. Do you need medical assistance?"

Just keep them talking, just keep them talking whilst perfecting a plan. Luckily your mind was fast, creating and editing plans and contingency actions. A few more minutes and you should be fine.
"I'm fine thanks. I can look after myself. What do you actually want?"

Captain America looked shocked, seemingly surprised you actually replied. Perhaps most people ignore him? His self-righteous attitude could be annoying, especially if the target was some murderous supervillain. 
"We want to talk," he repeated, "Come with us to the Avengers place so we can talk privately. What do you say?"

"Follow a bunch of strangers to a strange location to talk about a strange topic? No thanks. Talk here before I leave. You have a few minutes."

Tony interrupted before Steve could reply. "Strangers!? I'm TONY STARK! We are the AVENGERS, not some shady organisation attacking you. *Cough* Hydra *cough*"

You ignored the rest of the rant as you managed to spot Hawkeye, placed on a roof further down the street than you expected.
HA! You thought these people were supposed to be smart. Barton was literally hiding within a rooftop garden, a few bushes and plants growing in an attempt to make the boring buildings more interesting. 
You hide your emotions from the Avengers and let your power spiral onwards, silently and quickly spanning the distance to the unhealthy looking plants. A bush behind Clint Barton sprouted new leaves, new life being breathed into it. Roots and shoots crept along the floor, reaching for the bow and arrow welding assassin. 
They strike before Barton could react.
Bow and arrow were detained and torn from the man's grip. The comm located in his ear was snatched away, crushed within seconds. At the same time his hands and feet were tied, quickly hogtied before any muscles could react. To stop shouts and scream a few large leaves sprouted from nothing, layering themselves across Hawkeye's mouth, leaving his nose clear to prevent suffocation.

You still weren't prepared to hurt people, let alone kill anybody.

Barton's teammates seem oblivious to the plan entering action, their numbers already dropping.

Whilst you were finishing with Barton you launched the next stage. Bruce Banner was going to be difficult to contain. Containing the Hulk was obviously top priority, vines couldn't hold down that strength for long, if ever.

You wanted to attempt something new: changing the plants at your disposal. A simple bit of ivy clinging to the wall above Banner was your weapon. You focused and connected with the plant, a greater link than ever before. The once simple ivy soon sprouted a new flower, something that when smelt would act as a strong tranquilliser. 

You hoped it was enough.

It was shoved into Banner's face without a second hesitation, the plan had to occur within a few seconds, minutes would lead to the plan falling apart and your eventual capture.
Instincts helped your idea, a sharp intake of air to simulate the fight or flight response led to a large dose of the drug entering Banner's system, soon spreading throughout his body. He collapsed quicker than expected, your vines nearly didn't catch him. The ivy wrapped around his body, lowering him gently to the ground in an attempt to avoid pain. For noise also well but also giving no reason for the Hulk to break free. And you had respect for him, well earned with his famous kindness and scientific work.

With two Avengers down you had an even better chance of getting out of here and being free. 

"Hello? Y/N?"
Dammit, you had forgotten you were being questioned. Captain America was looking at you with a confused expression. "You alright? You seemed to zone out for a few seconds and didn't answer." 

Before you could reply The Avengers gasped and looked backwards. Spotting an unconscious Bruce Banner and a incapacitated Clint Barton.

Well the plan was gone then, one of the flying Avengers must have spotted the action and alerted everybody through the comm link.

The chances of escaping just dropped to about zero percent.

Great.