Chapter 1

You walked across the newly cut grass carrying party supplies and snacks. You were bringing this stuff to your house for the Halloween party. You hummed to the song playing in your ears. The singer's voice sounded so good that it made goosebumps on your skin. As you walked in the park, you saw that no one was there, since it was almost 6. The only people in the park were three or four guys who were leaning up on a tree, smoking.

You ignored the guys and kept walking. All of a sudden, when the guys saw you, they got off of their tree and walked toward you. You didn't notice since you had your earphones in, full blast. You saw movement out of the corner of your eye, but it was too late.

The guys pinned your arms together and held a knife to your throat. ~Hello, sweetie~ the leader cooed in your ear. ~How 'bout we walk you home so that you don't get hurt? How does that sound?~ he cooed again. "Uh, no thanks. I'm perfectly capable of walking home myself." The leader laughed and coldly said,"That wasn't a suggestion, that was an order." They all looked about 25-30, way older than you. You weren't scared, though. You had something that they probably didn't: a black belt in karate.

When you were little, your family moved to the city because your dad got a promotion. Your dad heard that there were a lot of robberies and people getting mugged in the city, so he put you in karate. You were and expert from the start. Your teacher, Mrs. Wales, said that you were an expert from day one and that you could beat blackbelts 10 years older than you when you were at an orange belt.

You kicked the guy holding the knife to your neck in the place where the sun don't shine and you ran to your house while the 2 other guys made sure the knife guy was okay. You ran and ran until you got to your house. You got inside and slammed the door shut. Your dad was in his vampire costume, pouring the candy in the bowl, you mom was in her nerd costume, getting more candy bags from the cupboard, and you little sister, Arianna, was in her princess costume, sneaking candy out of the bowl. As you slammed the door shut, they all looked at you. Once your mom saw you, she ran to you and hugged you tightly.

"Mom?" you said through pants. "Yes, sweetie?" she asked, still squeezing you. "I... can't... breathe...!" you said, running out of air in your lungs. She gasped, quickly let you go, and said,"Oops. Sorry! Where on Earth were you, (Y/N)? We were worried sick!" "I'm sorry, mom. I ran into some... trouble...on the way here, but I'm fine now." you said, walking over to Arianna and picking her up. She giggled and hugged you. "Hey, cutie! Ready to go trick-or-treating?" you said, grinning.

"Yeah!" she said, giggling and looking at you braiding her hair. You put her down and got into your witch costume. You walked back downstairs and brought Arianna her Halloween basket.

"Be safe!" your mom said, hugging you both goodbye. "We will mom, don't worry." you said, smiling at her. As you were about to leave, there was a knock on the door. "It's probably some early trick-or-treaters. I'll get it." your dad said, picking up the candy bowl and walking toward the door. He opened it and, when you saw who was at the door, you gasped. It was the guys from the park. "Trick-or-treat." the leader said, grinning evilly.