Chapitre 9 : Kiara's first Hunt and Kovu join the Pride

The time passed and right now the entire Pride was gathered at Priderock for encouraging Kiara for her first solo hunting. Two years had passed since Nothing ,Feather and latter Hover joined Simba's Pride. The grey pelted Lioness grew accustomed of her life in the Pridelands , thanks to Nala , Nothing and the rest of the Pride. Kiara grew to like her as much as the Princess loved Nothing.

During those two years, the love between the gray Lioness and Nothing didn't regressed and they officially became mates a few months after they reunited. To their surprises, Simba didn't say anything about two Lionesses being mates and instead congratulated them before the two remembered that Simba's pride wasn't acting like the others.

The two Lionesses took care of Feather until he was big enough to take care of himself. Speaking of Feather , he was sitting with Nothing and Hover near the King and Queen as they watched Kiara approaching her parents. Feather grew a lot in two years : He was now a bit taller than his cousin and he got a short brownish-red mane. He got some muscles thank to his training sessions with Simba who kept his promise.

As the Princess approached, Nothing noticed the look in the King and Queen's eyes : Proud. The disabled Lioness smiled as she watched the Royal Family cuddling each other "You will do just fine~" Nala was telling to her daughter as she embraced her. "Daddy ? You have to promise me to let me do this on my own !" Kiara inquired as she looked at her father seriously. The King seemed unsure and looked at Nala who looked back at him with amused raise-brows.

Simba hadn't noticed but Nothing , Hover and Feather were equally grinning to each other knowing that the Red Maned Lion cared too much for his daughter to make such a promise. After a moment of silence, Simba sighed in defeat "Alright...I promise..." Kiara and her father embraced each other before the Princess jumped away in search for her first prey.

As the Pride were walking away to do their business, Nothing noticed that Simba didn't followed any of them and she turned her head...to see him talking with Timon and Pumbaa. A chuckle caused her to turn her head " Simba worry to much for her ! Kiara would be fine ! She is not a cub anymore !" Hover stated with amusement "We can't blame him though...He is acting like any father..." "Fair point..." her lover responded with a playful roll of her eyes who caused the both of them to giggle.

Feather , for his part, wanted to go after Kiara to make sure she wouldn't get into trouble but was stopped by Nala "You aren't going anywhere young lion !" "But-" "No but ! You stay here and stop worrying ! I don't want a second Simba to take care of !" Nala said with a hint of humor who caused Nothing and Hover to snicker.

The young brown-reddish maned Lion wanted to argue but soon gave up. He knew where Kiara got her stubbornness "Alright I'm staying..." "Good !" The Queen replied gently before adding "I know you care for her but she will be fine....and please stop acting like Simba would you ?" "I will try..." Feather responded with a soft laugh.

The young Male watched as the Queen walked away. With a sigh he went toward the Watering Hole where he laid on a rock. Nothing and Hover watched him with a smile before looking at each other "Did you planned something today love ?~" The gray Lioness asked her mate with a smile "How about enjoying a nice sunbath together as we cuddle each other ?~" Nothing inquired sweetly and Hover grinned in response "Sounds great to me~".

With that said, the two Lionesses walked toward the Watering Hole.

Feather saw them approaching and asked half-kidding, half-exasperated " Are you here to make sure I won't go away ?" Nothing looked at her cousin with a soft smile "We are here to have more time together am I right Hover ?~" "Indeed ! We just wanted to relax...." The brown-reddish maned young Male nodded in understanding as he looked toward Kiara was supposedly hunting "I hope she is alright..."