Chapitre 2 : Lost in the Desert, Story and Revelations

Nothing and Feather were walking in the Desert tiredly. Both of them , especially Nothing , were thiner because of lack of food , their throats dry of lack of water. To survive in this new environment, they had no choice but to eat things that even Vultures didn't wanted. But what they usually found was for Feather because it was rare for them to find food enough for the two of them. While Feather was eating a carcass (or what was left on its bones ) , Nothing noticed a little bird walked peacefully near them . It seemed unaware of the Lions' presence.

Nothing crouched down before pouncing. She killed the bird and looked at her catch tiredly until her little red companion approached her "Thank you Nothing ! i'm starving..." Feather began to say as he stepped closer....only for the disabled Lioness to block him with a snarl causing him to back away from her in fear. Thankfully, she regained her composure and looked down guiltily "I..I'm sorry...Here you take it..." Feather seemed hesitant and glanced at her "Are you sure ?" "You need it more than I do..." she responded so the Red Cub started to enjoy the bird while Nothing looked at him sadly , swallowing a lump.

Later, they were walking again on the hot sand and Nothing turned her head when she heard Feather collapsing on the ground because of exhaustion. As she picked him up by the scruff of his neck, she was wondering how long they could stay like this. Then the disabled Lioness walked away and when the night finally came, she carefully putted Feather against her belly as she curled around him. Then she looked up thinking about her friend Hover who was still back at the Sisters' Steppe. Many questions were pacing in her head like 'Did Hover staid in the Pride ?' or wondering about if she would see her again.

As she thought about Hover, Nothing was realizing how strong the dark cream Lioness with blue eyes was. After all, Hover lived her whole Life on the Stretch . Nothing was still deep in thought when she was brang back to normal by someone she thought was sleeping "Nothing ? "Feather ? Why are you awake ? " He yawned before answering "I can't sleep...Can you tell me the story about Asra ? The way Sharptongue used to ? " was Nothing's grandmother. She recently died of sickness due to Dry season. Nothing loved her and she still missed her.

"Oh ! Hum....I can try ! I'll never tell it as well as Sharptongue but I'll do my best !" Nothing replied with a smile before looking at the Moon " When the world was new, Asra ran away from the other Goddesses in the sky. She hid among the mortals on Earth. Asra's sisters , Sunce and Cansu , searched for her. Cansu hunted as best as she could on land, while Sunce used her burning eye in the sky to scour the whole savanna at once. Of course , Sunce found her first and was outraged to discover Asra had left because she'd fallen in love with a mortal. In her rage, Sunce called a bolt of lighting down to kill him. However... Sunce's actions had unintended consequences.. Asra couldn't look away from the light that killed her love. It was so powerful that it blinded her. When Cansu discovered what Sunce had done , she was incensed and forced her sister to atone for her mistake. And so, Sunce gave Asra a sliver of her very soul as penance. With this , Asra grew new eyes of pure light. Asra reminded blind but her new eyes could see the spirits of the dead in the darkness. "

Nothing then took a small breath before resuming "We can see Asra's blind white eye as the Moon above us today " Feather then stepped in by asking " And she brings all the lost spirits to live with her in the stars, right ?" Nothing looked at him with amusement "I was getting to that part : Asra found her love's spirit wandering the Earth and brought him to the night sky to live with her forever. When his loved ones died , she brought them too. And then their loved ones , and on and on until she was collecting the spirits of each and every Lions who passed."

Silence followed the end of her story as the two watched the sky and the starts shining in the dark. Feather then looked at the disabled Lioness "And Sharptongue's up there ?" "If Asra heard our call , she is " she responded gently and Feather became silent. Then he looked at the sky with dolor in his eyes "And my Dad ?" he asked her still looking at the stars. The question caught her of guard and she staid silent of a moment before regaining her composure " Your Dad ?" "He's dead , isn't he ? My sisters too ,right ?" the red cub asked her with a really sad tone still not looking at her.

Nothing knew now there were no points in hiding the truth "Feather, I..."Feather looked at her painfully "I'm not stupid Nothing ! That's the only reason you'd take me away from home... A No-Mane killed him. And he wanted to kill me too didn't he ?" The Little Red cub asked her as he looked at her with sad blue eyes "I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you..." Feather then became angry and desperate "Don't be sorry ! It's not you who should be sorry ! Which No-Mane did it ?!" Nothing looked at him sadly before saying " I don't think knowing that will help..." "Please ! I want to know..."

The disabled Lioness staid silent for a few seconds before saying "Proud". Feather looked at her for a second before looking at the sky with hatred in his eyes "Proud" he muttered in anger. "Are you okay ?" Nothing asked him sadly "No. All of this is wrong. I hate Pride Law ! My family should still be alive and we shouldn't have had to leave !" The red Lion Cub responded with a serious tone as he closed his eyes in grief " I know...Its not fair...Its just the way things are... " Nothing conceded in agreement until Feather added angrily with a look of rage in his eyes as tears were falling from them "It shouldn't be ! When I'm big, I'm gonna fix it... All of it ! We won't ever be scared or sad or hungry ever again !"

Nothing looked at him for a moment until inquiring with an amused smile " How about we start with getting some sleep tonight before fixing the whole world hum ?" "Yeah okay" Feather as he pressed his body against Nothing's side. Then the Lioness putted her head on her front paws and was about to sleep when Feather said "Nothing ? I love you ". Nothing looked at him before whispering "I love you too Feather" Both of them smiled at each other before falling asleep.

- - - - - - -

(Note : Yeah I know it didn't went that way in the series but its MY fanfic so don't be angry. Beside We won't see Rain this crossover. So the scene near the water won't happen. )